Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowrance Mark 4 Transducer Problems

Hey All -

Looking for a bit of direction. Been having an issue with my FF not reading depths the past few times out. Temp, GPS and speed work but it just flashes 60' constantly like its not reading. I have it setup as a shoot through in the hull and have 0 issues up until last week. Its not loose and the goop still has it in place. I did a hard/soft reset on the FF, resoldered a loose battery terminal, changed batteries and played with the sensitivity. I'm going to update the software from 1.6 to 1.8 to see if that does it but not sure at this point.

Anyone have this before? I really don't want to remove/reinstall the transducer unless I'm sure thats it.

Thanks!
    Dave
    2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

I had the same issue twice. I just did a reset and went through the wizard again to set it up and it works good now. Had to adjust sensitivity and not save location when gps was aquired. I did the update and have the 1.8 version on mine.

Outback 2015
    Maui

Comment

how do u update the software?
      Zach Moore
      Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
      Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
      Bait Towel Pro Staff
      2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
      YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Originally posted by Goody View Post
        I had the same issue twice. I just did a reset and went through the wizard again to set it up and it works good now. Had to adjust sensitivity and not save location when gps was aquired. I did the update and have the 1.8 version on mine.
        Thanks Goody! Trying the software update tonight. I went ahead and removed the transducer. I did notice some water leak out of a hollow spot inbetween the marine goop, transducer and hull so maybe that was it. Going to re-install after fully cleaning inside with alcohol. Hopefully one of the 2 will fix it.

You can download the newest firmware from http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Software-Updates/ . You have to use a micro-sd card smaller than 2gb (had to borrow one from work) and follow the instruction.
        Dave
        2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

Now I'm having an issue with the text on the screen looking like gibberish and screen flickering. Ugh! I checked power connectors, swap batteries and did multiple resets. I think I'm at wits end and will just get the Lowrance Elite 4 DSI and send this one in for service. Maybe keep it as a spare or sell it.
          Dave
          2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

Zach there's a special chip through lowrance bass pro gets. Micro SD usually that goes into the unit and installs new software. Or you can do it online for a fee.

Comment

yup! you can install new software or charts using the cards. the charts are really expensive though
              Dave
              2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

yep your referring to navionics mapping cards which cover different regions depending on which one you get and range from 150 to 200 bucks

Comment

I just scooped up the Lowrance Elite 4 DSI combo from HodgesMarine for $307 shipped with a $50 mail in rebate Anyone have a DSI model?
                  Dave
                  2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

I got the elite 4 sonar model. Getting it installed on my kayak

Comment

Nice! Do you need help installing it? What are you installing it on?
                      Dave
                      2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

Working...
                      X