Heading out to Furnace bay Perryville Park Launch tomorrow, Weds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading out to Furnace bay Perryville Park Launch tomorrow, Weds

Hope to be on the water by 9 am. Would like to meet some of you there if you can make it.
    http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
    484-459-9863
    If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
    *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

I am going sometime this week, but today and Wednesday are out as I am just back in my DC office after two weeks on the west coast and my staff have setup a ton of appointments for both days- I would love to join you, Doc, especially since spring trophy fishing the Flats have been on my "Bucket" list but can't do it Wednesday-
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Being retired and only constrained by weather let me know when you would like to go and I will meet you there.
      484-459-9863
      If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
      *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

You can take it to the bank that I am going to take you up on that generous offer- Thanks
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I think I'm going to hold off fishing the Flats until early next week... depending on fishing reports of course. Due to the abysmal striper reports as of recent, I'm only willing to sacrifice myself once to the Skunk Gods before the end of the C&R season. Friday May 3 is the last day stripers can be targeted until, what, May 16?
          Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

I'd like to get one last trip in before the end of the season. I've been skunked 4 or 5 times now and it's downright frustrating that there's so few fish right now. I keep thinking any week, so I'm going to continue being stubborn.
            I can do Friday or Saturday this week. Both days look great. If nothing else, we'll catch nothing together....c'mon Howard! Let's give the few fish up there hell!

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Kokatat Pro Staff
            Torqeedo Pro Staff
            Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
            Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
              I'd like to get one last trip in before the end of the season. I've been skunked 4 or 5 times now and it's downright frustrating that there's so few fish right now. I keep thinking any week, so I'm going to continue being stubborn.
              I can do Friday or Saturday this week. Both days look great. If nothing else, we'll catch nothing together....c'mon Howard! Let's give the few fish up there hell!
              Allen, I am planning to go to the flats this Saturday with a friend. We'll both be paddling, and he's new to kayaking, so we probably won't be able to keep up. But it would be great to meet up with you. We'll be launching from tydings. Ron, it would be great to fish with you again too if you're free on saturday.
              Sun Fishin'

Comment

Saturday works for me Sun. I'll be there early, say 6:15 or 6:30. I'll launch out of tydings since launching from perryville costs six bucks in tolls. If that time doesn't work, I can pm my number or you can send me yours. Let's keep an eye on the weather because I may make it friday if rain or something is coming.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Kokatat Pro Staff
                Torqeedo Pro Staff
                Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                Alan

Comment

Windy and cold this morning with a good chop in furnace bay. Got there at dead high tide. Not much happening, missed a few on the u tail worm and then got 3 in the kayak on a 6 inch curl tail ribbed grub, black. Biggest was just a bit over 15 inches. As usual I enjoyed myself, because the fish sure did not provide a lot of enjoyment, but enough to keep me happy...
                  484-459-9863

Comment

Thanks for the report. Sounds like you were mostly targeting lmbass. Did you spend much time chasing stripers? Were there many other boats out there targeting stripers? I'd REALLY like to get in at least one day on the Flats pursuing stripers before the C&R season closes at the end of the day on May 3.
                    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

In the morning it was too windy and choppy to head out to the flats so we did not target any stripers. Did not see anyone on the flats.
                      484-459-9863

Comment

Working...
                      X