Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayak Shop

Hi

I'm currently shopping for a kayak. I'm considering Ride 135/115 and Malibu Mini X. Does anyone know where I can demo those kayak? I live in Woodbridge, VA. Obviously, the closer to home is better. Thanks in advance.

Khanh

Not too sure about demo'ing but sparky1423 is selling his slightly used tarpon thats fully outfitted. sweet yak for sure.
    Dave
    2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

I know that it is a long trip from Woodbridge to Annapolis. But if you are willing to make the drive, I can set you up for a test ride in the Mini-X. Annapolis Canoe and Kayak is a Wilderness dealer. You may be able to see and test the Ride at their shop.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by Snakehead Hunter View Post
        Hi

I'm currently shopping for a kayak. I'm considering Ride 135/115 and Malibu Mini X. Does anyone know where I can demo those kayak? I live in Woodbridge, VA. Obviously, the closer to home is better. Thanks in advance.

Khanh

We can work something out, but I live in Brookevile Md. If you want to make the hike to MD.......

Best Regards,
        Stan
        Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

They are having the kayak tournament at Mattawoman tomorrow. I bet many of those kayaks will be there, if you show up around quitting time for the tourney I bet people would let you try a few out.
          "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Virginia Beach is quite a haul as well, but Wild River Outfitters is having a demo day Saturday, May 18. I don't know that they sell Malibu's, but definitely the Rides and others (good people to deal with as well):

http://www.wildriveroutfitters.com/e...moday-2013.asp
            2013 WS Ride 135
            2015 WS Ride 115

Comment

Thanks Stan but after talking to one of the Ride 135 owner. I can pretty much rule it out because of the weight.

Originally posted by manlystanley View Post
              We can work something out, but I live in Brookevile Md. If you want to make the hike to MD.......

Best Regards,
              Stan

Comment

I'm gonna try and make to this demo day. Thanks

Originally posted by rwh View Post
                Virginia Beach is quite a haul as well, but Wild River Outfitters is having a demo day Saturday, May 18. I don't know that they sell Malibu's, but definitely the Rides and others (good people to deal with as well):

http://www.wildriveroutfitters.com/e...moday-2013.asp

Comment

Why only those two kayaks one a 9 foot and one a large 13plus, there are a bunch in between that might also work out, from just about every kayak company. Sort of apples to oranges with those two, I would think. Just saying..............Jack

Comment

I will mostly fish close by where I live (Woodbridge, VA) and occasionally I will make a trip to different area depend on where people are going; Roaches, Fletcher, Wilson Bridge, etc. But mostly I think I will fish at Occoquan, Pohick bay, Leesylvania state park. I like Mini X because of convenience I can just grab it and go fish near by after work which I will do often. But occasionally I will want to join other yakkers here for different places. I just thought the Ride 115 will more well rounded yak for other occasions. And Ride 115 is very stable so I can stand and cast if I like, or stretches. I'm sure there are other yak in between, so I definitely want to go to demo day on May 18. If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear it. I'll add it to the list of yak I need to test out on demo day.

Khanh

Originally posted by Bulldog View Post
                    Why only those two kayaks one a 9 foot and one a large 13plus, there are a bunch in between that might also work out, from just about every kayak company. Sort of apples to oranges with those two, I would think. Just saying..............Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X