New old kayak purchased!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New old kayak purchased!!

Morning everyone. Newbie checking in here. Never been on a forum where there is not a page to introduce yourself to the group. But then again this is the first non automotive message board I have gotten on. Ive been looking at a kayak to go fishing with for over a year now but a Jackson Big Tuna is still not in the budget. I wanted a bigger kayak so I could go with the kids or the misses could work on her tan while I fish. I also wanted good weight capacity for doing overnight trips on the bay with my daughter who has her own kayak. Walked into Eastern Mountain Sports here in Annapolis last Saturday and asked about their demos for sale. Negotiated with manager and purchased a Ocean Kayak Malibu Two XL for 350 bucks. I still needed to get seats and paddles but dollar wise Im way ahead of the game. Ironically the same kayak is made in a fishing version. I have already added two flush mount rod holders in the back, 1 scotty rod flush mount and 1 deck mount. Also have an anchor kit because everyone agrees you need one fishing around bay bridge. I am a complete rookie to all of this so im trying to keep an open eye and ear to all things kayak fishing. Living in Cape St Claire and working 5 minutes from home means I can get lots of paddling time in this summer. Stopped in West Marine in BAy Ridge yesterday and ran into "Dogfish" who told me about the site and also about a site member who has a malibu 2 also. Great site and very different than what I am used to in a forum

Welcome aboard. Compared to any other fishing sites I visit, this one has the most friendly and helpful members. There is a lot more information sharing here as well as offers to invite other anglers along on trips at many locations.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Welcome to this forum...indeed, like J.V. said, this is a forum w/a lot of great members who seek to help others have a fun and safe experience whilst kayakfishing.

Comment

Welcome aboard!
        Hobie Pro Angler 12
        WS Classic Pungo 12

"Ocean - A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills." Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Welcome to MKF!
          Mike S.
          Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
          3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Welcome aboard.

Outback 2015
            Maui

Comment

Welcome!
              Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Congrats on the deal and welcome to the club! As John noted, this is a great site for information sharing and the folks I've met and fished with have been great, too.

One bit of advice, if I were you I'd stay in the rivers and relatively close to shore until you are comfortable with the new ride. The bridge can get ugly in a big boat, let alone a 12' plastic one. I'm guessing you'll launch in the magothy from a community marina, but give Jonas Green a try sometime.
                LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
                Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Working...
                X