Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't we start a petition drive for Striped Bass gamefish status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't we start a petition drive for Striped Bass gamefish status?

With the invention of the INTERNET everyday citizens have the ability to reach millions of like minded people across all territorial barriers and start a movement...like the citizens of Egypt did when they ousted their dictator last year- if it worked against a powerful government, why wouldn't it work against a powerful lobby? The commercial fishery lobby spends millions of dollars buying elected officials votes- been nearly impossible to pass much of anything that the industry opposes- guarantee they would fight like hell if a bill was introduced in the General Assembly to grant gamefish status to the Maryland coastal and bay stocks of striped bass- but we do have the ability to start the conversation about gamefish status by an on-line petition drive...how about us discussing the pros and cons of this idea?
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

I nominate Ron to start the petition, setup the sql gathering forms and such forth.

I'm all for it, but I think if it could be done, MSSA would be doing it, or the best to get it going.
    "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

I'm in.

Comment

http://www.stripersforever.org/Info/index
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

+1

Comment

Great video. However, as sport fisherman, how much are you willing to pay for lobbying for striped bass to be a sportfish. In Maryland the commercial waterman's association owns the legislature.

Comment

I joined Stripers Forever tonight-
              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
              X