fishfinder replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fishfinder replacement

4i am looking to put a fish finder on my hobie pro angler. can anyone give me any recommendations. my hobie is from 2009, i do alot of fishing on lakes and under the bay bridge . plus I go after rock fish and smallmouth on the susquehanna. thank you for any replies. Just trying to get some ideas. with poker winnings 400-600 dollars
    Last edited by fjarhead; 05-03-2013, 11:35 PM.

What do you want to do and what's your budget? If you want a basic one, I have a Garmin Echo 100 (used three times) for sale (new one costs less than $100). Works fine and it'll do the job. The other guys can tell you about more expensive ones (color, DSI, etc).
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Kinda like Tufnick stated- what's your budget? In marine electronics, you can spend a lot of money...side scan, DSI, color chart plotters with maps, etc. Basic sounders work well on presenting depths, surface temps...more advanced units show the thermoclines, structure, fish and display speed, water temps and guide you to your destination- Some of the folks on this forum have some pretty sophisticated chart plotters on their kayaks
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I have always used Humminbird FF or combos. However, I think if somthing happens to my 597, I may have to take a serious look at the new Raymarine Dragonfly. The only thing that may be a problem would be the size of the transducer. You may want to take a look at the Dragonfly.

Comment

What's your budget? I think humminbird and lowrance make the best fishfinders. I personally recommend lowrance elit-5x dsi. I think it a cost-effective one. Hope reviews there will provide some value.
          Which one is the best fish finder? Reviews made me confused. Http://bestfishfinderreviewz.com

Comment

I've moved up to a Humminbird 898cSI HD on my PA-14. After a trip to Florida (Jan. 2012) I decided I needed GPS after fishing some phosphate pits and the reeds at Lake Toho, as it was not difficult to loose your bearings when every channel looks the same and you're miles from the ramp. First tried a 798cSI unit I took off my boat, but the small screen was difficult to read even though it was close to me (especially in split screen modes, which was why I took it off my boat) and I wanted something larger, so on to the 898. It's a big unit for a kayak but not too big, but it does required a good battery to get a full days use from it. I find the side image and down image capabilities very useful for the fishing I do, your needs may not. It is a highly individual thing considering the water and way you fish, brand loyalty and budget.
            HOBIE: 2012 PA-14 (Dune) & 2013 PA-14 (Yellow)

Comment

Working...
            X