croakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• croakers

Went to Cobb Islamd for a crab feast yesterday. Before leaving for home I checked in to see if any of the rental boats had returned with croakers yet. The lady at the store reported that one boat returned yesterday afternoon with 10 nice croakers, a dozen keeper perch and a lot of cats. She said they were fishing towards Bushwood. Looks like things are finally waking up. Oh, the crabs were small but heavy, and oh so good.

That is all good stuff to hear.

I'm ready for some warmer temps myself.
    Jim

Hobie Outback
    TKAA member
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Really strange weather pattern we are seeing- cold East winds... almost a tropical storm like system hanging off the coast- I still have the heat on at night in my home- Last year at this time we had a bunch of 90 degree days and averages in the 80's...this year sixties in the day and 40/50's at night- burr-
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I just marked Bushwood Wharf Landing yesterday as a spot I want to try. Some good looking bars with drops into deep water. Looks like a spot that could provide some relief from N and NE wind that would be a problem elsewhere.

This weather pattern is busting my bubble too!
        Hobie Pro Angler 12
        WS Classic Pungo 12

"Ocean - A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills." Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Glad to hear about the keeper perch and croakers....

Comment

Working...
          X