No announcement yet.

Need ideas for demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the Manager wasn't in today but I did find out that I will be doing the talk on March 12, 13. still not sure if they will allow me to bring in a few Yaks but as soon as I talk to the mgr, I'll have a better idea. Still pulling for stuff for a discount for our group or stuff for our outings. Thanks again for all the help you guys have given me in this endeavor so far. I found out today that CD Dollar is doing a demo on one weekend, and someone else is doing another.
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

I'd be happy to help out. I always enjoy meeting new people and sharing my passions with them. I fly and am a master diver as well. I fish a hobie outback, currently rigged with GPS and Fishfinder, when I have the money to blow, will actually install sidescan sonar on it, although I will have to make a custom transducer mount for that rig. I carry up to 9 rods with it when fishing-ask surfdog. I look like a porcupine when totally rigged up. I have fished OBX, the Kent Narrows, the Bay Bridge and Indian River Inlet in the Hobie. I also have done a great deal of duck hunting out of touring boats where the dog rides in the back. That was done in New Jersey for the most part and float hunted in MD as well. I also spearfish out of the Yak. I have also done a ton of public speaking in my line of work, so that is a non issue. I did the total outdoorsman challenge with Bass Pro a few years back and was 1 of 5 semifinalists in Maryland. (that got me a bunch of free stuff). Let me know, my schedule between work and my 3 daughters books up quickly.

Comment

I may have some pictures as well. Just send me your email address and I can send you a few and you can tell me if they are what you are looking for.

Maybe during your lecture, if other kayakers have time, they should decend on your presentation to show BPS that there is a serious interest here about kayak fishing. Maybe when the manager of BPS sees all of the kayakers in and out of your presentation, maybe he may expand his kayak / kayak fishing section in the store, and maybe be more charitable to Kayak Fishing groups. BPS did donate goods to the TKAA Charity kayak fishing tournament which I participated in at Virgiinia Beach this year. I think they donated a Kayak and some other goods.

Comment

OK Folks, I have an update about the Demo that I'm doing at BassPro. The dates that I will be speaking on will be March the 12th and 13th. I do have a commitment for some merchandise (about $50. worth) as a donation toward our Spring Tournament or meet and greet, if I can get two additional Yaks for each of those days. I will also have mine there for a total of 3-4 display yaks. They will be static displays whereby people will be able to talk to you about your Yaks and ask questions. I will be doing an approx. 1 hr talk as well about 2-3 times each day. This will allow you to show off your vessels. I will be contacting interested people in the near future. I would like for members to write me with a small detail as to what type of yak you have and what type of "toys" you have on it. I"m trying to have different types of yaks there. Looking for an "Ocean Kayak" and perhaps a "Hobie Pro Angler" would be nice as well as maybe a rigged "SINK" of some type. BPS doesn't carry the Hobie line of yaks. This means our customers don't get to see these Yaks in our store. This is not about selling BassPro Kayaks and accessories but to be about educating the public about our sport. I can be reached at medmed209@juno.com
          Thanks
          Tom Brown
          Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
          2012 Hobie PA 14'
          Ocean Kayak Tident 13
          2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Working...
          X