Fish Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Cooler

What do you use to store fish while fishing? Do you bring a cooler, cooler bag, stringer? How do you keep fish cold while shopping? I need to find a way to store Snakeheads cold since you suppose to kill them right away.

Khanh

fits perfectly in my rear tankwell....

http://www.austinkayak.com/products/...edium-35L.html

I use reuable freezer blocks instead of ice.
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

I made a PVC bracket for the rear deck of my PA-14, it hold various items and secures my cooler, should be easily adaptable for a kayak with a built-in rod holders behind the seat. I use the cooler for dry storage in lieu of the usual milk crate, and if I plan on keeping fish during an outing I throw in a bag of ice.

Bracket is made from 1.25" PVC, painted black. It can also be reversed and used as rod holders if the cooler isn't needed for the day.
      HOBIE: 2012 PA-14 (Dune) & 2013 PA-14 (Yellow)

Comment

Nice set up.

Originally posted by bruce19365 View Post
        I made a PVC bracket for the rear deck of my PA-14, it hold various items and secures my cooler, should be easily adaptable for a kayak with a built-in rod holders behind the seat. I use the cooler for dry storage in lieu of the usual milk crate, and if I plan on keeping fish during an outing I throw in a bag of ice.

Bracket is made from 1.25" PVC, painted black. It can also be reversed and used as rod holders if the cooler isn't needed for the day.

Comment

I came across two Seattle Sports Kayak Catch Cooler bags at a good price. I haven't used them yet to give an opinion of them but the reviews were better than similar products. They are the 20" size. I had wanted the 36" length but couldn't pass up the price. I intend to post the 2nd one for sale.

SS Catch Bag 1.JPGSS Catch Bag Liner 2.JPG
          Hobie Pro Angler 12
          WS Classic Pungo 12

"Ocean - A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills." Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Plastic trash bag or stringer. I keep it low budget.
            2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Originally posted by Sidemadder View Post
              I came across two Seattle Sports Kayak Catch Cooler bags at a good price. I haven't used them yet to give an opinion of them but the reviews were better than similar products. They are the 20" size. I had wanted the 36" length but couldn't pass up the price. I intend to post the 2nd one for sale.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6759[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6760[/ATTACH]
              FYI - coop1486 has dibs on the second cooler I mentioned. Sorry if I Bogarted the thread.
              Hobie Pro Angler 12
              WS Classic Pungo 12

"Ocean - A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills." Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Man don't tease me like that. I like the cooler though. I'll just look it up on Amazon. Thanks for the info

Originally posted by Sidemadder View Post
                FYI - coop1486 has dibs on the second cooler I mentioned. Sorry if I Bogarted the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakehead Hunter View Post
                  Man don't tease me like that. I like the cooler though. I'll just look it up on Amazon. Thanks for the info
                  Sorry about that Snakehead. If I find a deal on the 36 incher I'll keep you in mind. Glad it is of interest to you though.
                  Hobie Pro Angler 12
                  WS Classic Pungo 12

Comment

Why don’t you try Norchill coolers chest. They are made for a good quality of material and are hard enough so no worry of breaking early. It attains all the characteristics that keep ice for maximum time and preserves the kept food or fishes. This chest features Ultra herm insulation that keeps contents cold. Beside this it also has a refrigerator quality liner for easy cleaning. These are available in different size according to its holding capacity so you can choose which will be best for your need and all seems to be portable and easy to carry
                    You must try this.

Comment

Working...
                    X