Close call !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close call !

I'm sure some of you guys have seen this , but for those who haven't like myself, this guy is very lucky . Be safe out there !

Last edited by Jig Monster; 05-08-2013, 01:33 PM.
    John

Wilderness Tarpon

What happened, Did the other boat snag the anchor line. It looks like it dragged him backwards.
    Hurricane Skimmer 128
    WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Coming real close to hitting him, he snagged the anchor line swinging him around hitting the skiff . Is that crazy! He even had a flag.
      John

Wilderness Tarpon

Comment

Helen Keller must have been driving that boat.
        Dave
        2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

I had a similar experience on the Rappahannock in Fredericksburg a month ago.. John boat trolling for shad came within 1 ft of my boat and veered quickly away catching both trolled lines on my anchor line. Pretty sure the guy was completely smashed and had no business being on the water. Best part his granddaughter was with him and i could hear her complaining that us kayaker's just get in the way and should be run over. I thought for sure i was going to be taking a swim that day.

Meadeo
          2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

I hate to say it, but he handled the situation a LOT better than I would have. Sure, accidents happen, but he was wearing orange and had a flag up. Perhaps he needed a flashing neon sign???

There are some truly stupid and/or careless people out there.
            LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
            Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Thats nothing. Try being hit by the 25' Parker, doing 25 plus mph. Ask any of the other kayakers who saw me hit during the October 2010 meet and greet. Now that was scary. That would have been quite a video. There is a full write up about that in the Snaggedline archives.

Comment

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
                Thats nothing. Try being hit by the 25' Parker, doing 25 plus mph. Ask any of the other kayakers who saw me hit during the October 2010 meet and greet. Now that was scary. That would have been quite a video. There is a full write up about that in the Snaggedline archives.
                Ouch! I was almost runover by a 30 something foot Rampage a couple years ago coming into Annapolis...and I was in a 29' twin engine cruiser! The idiot drove right up my wake. I got a pretty clear look at the underside of his bow. I kept backing off the throttle as we were coming into the harbor and he kept getting closer. I finally gave up on him catching on and made a hard turn to stbd. As he goes by he looks at me like, "what?".
                Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Originally posted by DaveFX35 View Post
                  Helen Keller must have been driving that boat.
                  Lol! I had seen that some time ago.

Dogfish's experience below, and others, illustrate it is not about just being in a yak. It's a jungle out there and it is best not to forget that!
                  Hobie Pro Angler 12
                  WS Classic Pungo 12

"Ocean - A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills." Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Originally posted by Sidemadder View Post
                    Lol! I had seen that some time ago.

Dogfish's experience below, and others, illustrate it is not about just being in a yak. It's a jungle out there and it is best not to forget that!

I'll stick to quiet ponds & creeks.....Yikes

Comment

thats why i try to get out early and back in around 11 in the summer. too many retards out there that dont know or dont care

Comment

One of my fishing buddys carries a slingshot on his kayak.

Last Summer, I had a guy buzz me several times while pulling his kid on water skis. It's probably good that I didn't have a slingshot at the time. I was 100% vulnerable and defenseless. As if the Potomac isn't big enough to spread out a little bit.

Comment

sometimes I carry a slingshot...a .41 caliber slingshot
                          Originally posted by Tyrone Shoes View Post

Last Summer, I had a guy buzz me several times while pulling his kid on water skis. It's probably good that I didn't have a slingshot at the time. I was 100% vulnerable and defenseless. As if the Potomac isn't big enough to spread out a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Shoes View Post

Yeah, I've had similar happen near me. In regards to your buddy, I bet some trolling lead could do some serious damage. So what happens when the angry boater returns and trys to run you down?
                            Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Break out Plan B!

Comment

Working...
                              X