ArmourAll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmourAll

Hey Ya'll, when cleaning the kayak, can I/ should I use ArmourAll on the boat to protect it? Just askin'.
    Do Not Believe Everything That You Think.

Ocean Kayak Trident 13
    Lowrance Depthfinder
    Fully rigged

I have a boat 12 years old, and the most I ever did was hose it down. still in great shape. I don't think you need it. The neoprene seat however is another story.
    Hurricane Skimmer 128
    WS Pamlico 100

Comment

All I did was hose mine down too, over the last several years. I was thinking of putting something on it to shine it up for show.

Comment

I think a lot of people use 303 Aerospace plastic cleaner. On the rough textured surface of my yak, I've been using a brillo pad with good results. On the smooth surfaces, just soap, rag & water. I only clean it once per year.
        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

303 AEROSPACE PROTECTANT is good stuff. Makes it shine with a "SPF 40" to help sun fade. Just don'tput any where you put your hands or feet when on the water it is like ARMOR ALL for slickness.
          Jim

Hobie Outback
          TKAA member
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Clean it? What's that?

Comment

Originally posted by nay_sayer View Post
              Clean it? What's that?
              Helps keep the neighborhood cats from licking you kayak.
              Jim

Hobie Outback
              TKAA member
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Hobie makes a UV spray that conditions the plastic. They sell it online. I think it is also available at Backyard Boats.

I don't use anything on my kayaks. I just spray the kayak, trailer and fishing rods off with freshwater. I keep the rig in the garage. So it is not out in the Sun all the time. I noticed with my old kayaks, color fade.

Comment

I've seen videos about using wd40....
                  Ryan
                  Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                  Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I do a quick spray of all metal parts (rivets, screws, connectors, etc) after each use in salt or brackish water, then store the kayaks in my walk-out basement. I also open a hatch or some other vent to the inner hull space to avoid mildew forming in the bilge.
                    John Veil
                    Annapolis
                    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                      I've seen videos about using wd40....
                      I saw one too awhile back and was a little surprised by it. See link below. Don't know if it is the same video you saw. In the first couple of comments posted and there's more to the story. Ty changes his take on using WD40. Fish oil - NO! Water pollutant - YES!

I did use it to clean up my Yakima rack system when I had to take it off. It did work good for that.

http://bit.ly/16jO15o
                      Hobie Pro Angler 12
                      WS Classic Pungo 12

"Ocean - A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills." Ambrose Bierce

Comment

I hit mine occasionally with a little Bass Boat Saver - I have it on hand for my boat so it's handy. It cleans, shines and offers UV protection like the 303. Soap & water works well also.
                        HOBIE: 2012 PA-14 (Dune) & 2013 PA-14 (Yellow)

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                          All I did was hose mine down too, over the last several years. I was thinking of putting something on it to shine it up for show.
                          u would probably go faster if u cleaned the crud off;/ smell better too

nay u only need to clean it if u use it

303 is good to protect the yak and Dawn + sponge good for cleaning

Comment

I use 303, but be careful. After treatment and (buffing), my foot slipped off the side foot wells on my Outback when I used it. My yak slides too easily off my yak cart (tends to slip when I pull the yak too). When lifting the yak to load it on to the car, my hand/glove tends to slip. It's annoying.
                            2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                            2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                            2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
                            X