Input on Quantum Catalyst PTS Casting Reel - CT100SPTs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input on Quantum Catalyst PTS Casting Reel - CT100SPTs

Anyone use this baitcaster? It's on sale at cabelas. I've read they are pretty good for freshwater, but being a saltwater reel some people say it's only decent in saltwater (i.e. needs gears replaced every year).

Just wondering if anyone else is using it, or has.

I have that exact model. It was my first BC, bought 3 years ago. It was my go-to reel for a while until I bought so many other BCs. I continue to use it for saltwater today. I wash/rise it with soap and water after every trip. No rust and no problems. I've not had to replace anything on it yet. It casts just as well as my other BCs, but like all BCs, you have to work adjustments to your liking.

That's a good price at $100. I would buy another but I have so many other BCs (Revo SX HS, Curado E7, Orra Inshore, Luna, Calcutta, Quantum Tour Addition TE and more). Also, notice most of my BCs are freshwater? Yet I fish nearly 100% saltwater. Just wash after every trip.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

So.........was the feedback helpful? Did you buy one? Going with another reel instead?

Comment

yes, i have this reel on my custom jigging rod. buy it! its the best baitcaster ive ever used, casts so much better than the curado. the new curados are JUNK. get the catalyst and you wont be disapointed

Comment

AHH!! i was waiting to reply and thank you guys, after I bought it. Your suggestions were great and really got me to want this and it dropped to $80 a couple days ago. I had to buy a gift card (some credit card point thing my wife does) from staples, but staples took 2 days to EMAIL me the gift card!! so i wake up this morning, see the gift cards FINALLY came. and now the sale is over. now I don't know if I want to spend $100 on it. I'll probably keep an eye on it to see if it drops in price again.

Comment

Originally posted by kuljc View Post
            AHH!! i was waiting to reply and thank you guys, after I bought it. Your suggestions were great and really got me to want this and it dropped to $80 a couple days ago. I had to buy a gift card (some credit card point thing my wife does) from staples, but staples took 2 days to EMAIL me the gift card!! so i wake up this morning, see the gift cards FINALLY came. and now the sale is over. now I don't know if I want to spend $100 on it. I'll probably keep an eye on it to see if it drops in price again.
            Dang! If I knew it dropped to $80, I would have bought another one....even though I don't need it....lol.... This one would be loaded with braid (my other has mono). I like this reel because it has been dependable and it is among the lightest BCs I own at only 7.5 oz. Light reels are good for all day jigging.

Comment

I'll let you know if i see it drop in price. I'm glad to know that you guys like it for jigging, because that's what it'll be used for.

Comment

Originally posted by kuljc View Post
                I'll let you know if i see it drop in price. I'm glad to know that you guys like it for jigging, because that's what it'll be used for.
                I just ordered the reel at $100, and I paid only $5 shipping. If you wait until it drops to $80 (and it may not drop for a while), the $5 shipping will expire and you'll probably have to pay regular shipping of about $15. So, you're saving only a few bucks if you get the price drop.

Comment

It went back up to normal price. and i regretted it. and now it's back at $100. i bit this time. I hope they price match if it drops more again. Got $5 shipping with coupon code 3dadsday.

I don't know if the coupon is for over $100 or not, but i ordered 50 size 6 hooks for $1.50. can't beat that deal.

Comment

Working...
                  X