No announcement yet.

Hitting the Flats Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad ya got some action paul. I got to tydings round 330pm n paddled out to meet up with gkrep (greg). I hooked up with a fish at 430 but it was a 16"er. We paddled n paddled n the water was perfect but the bite was slow. No water moving n slack tide it seemed. We decided to call it quits at 730m since gregg had been there since 1:30pm. As we were headthe ing in i managed to hook up once more with a wopper 11"er at 7:40 pm prob cause the tide was coming back in . Small fish but still had fun. I had a good time fishing with greg.i will be back at it today again at 4pm to give it another round. Rob
    2014 Hobie Dune Outback
    2013 Ocean Kayak Yellow Trident 13
    Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Goody View Post
      We'll guys no keepers for me today. Had 2 hookups. The first was in the morning around 8:30 - 9am. Landed it on the yak and used a brand new BPS boga imitation. It held the striper until I went to expand the bump board. It was a keeper to. My bump board goes to 19" and I need more. Unfortunately it go out of the gripper and flapped itself free. About 20 minutes later I managed to hookup another one. This time I made sure to keep it in the yak. No keeper though. Turned out to be 17" only. . Oh well, try again later.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6980[/ATTACH]

Hope you guys have better luck.
      Tough luck, I lost a potential keeper the same way my last time out there in the fall. Looks like you were jigging them?

Any day now, I think they could be over on the flats...
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

LOL. I wished I could have stretched that sucker to make it 18".

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
        Can't make up for the one you missed! Bahahaha, just joking Paul...I have done it countless times trying to get a pic. I would be separating some vertebrae on that rock to get it to 18 inches!
        Last edited by Goody; 05-21-2013, 10:08 AM.

Outback 2015
        Maui

Comment

I tried a little of everything after awhile.

Originally posted by Shady View Post
          Tough luck, I lost a potential keeper the same way my last time out there in the fall. Looks like you were jigging them?

Any day now, I think they could be over on the flats...

Outback 2015
          Maui

Comment

Good luck today and let me know how you do.

Originally posted by yakkinfish18 View Post
            Glad ya got some action paul. I got to tydings round 330pm n paddled out to meet up with gkrep (greg). I hooked up with a fish at 430 but it was a 16"er. We paddled n paddled n the water was perfect but the bite was slow. No water moving n slack tide it seemed. We decided to call it quits at 730m since gregg had been there since 1:30pm. As we were headthe ing in i managed to hook up once more with a wopper 11"er at 7:40 pm prob cause the tide was coming back in . Small fish but still had fun. I had a good time fishing with greg.i will be back at it today again at 4pm to give it another round. Rob

Outback 2015
            Maui

Comment

Working...
            X