Catching a snakehead from shore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catching a snakehead from shore

In MD Were do I stand the best chances for this? Planning to go with My buddy, I have never cought one, I will search the forum for best baits but I want to get some help for a good location. We should be out fishing this saturday if all comes together. He doesn't have a kayak and doesn't like the idea of them either so it will be all from shore.

Thanks.

Dont know if its the best spot because I havent fished many of them but I did see a shore fisherman at mallows bay catch a nice one along with some nice catfish.
    D Hawk
    Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
    Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

I caught one from shore at Leesylvania state park but I think I was quite lucky. The park is a bass infestation.

Comment

There is a pond in Southern Maryland called Bumpy Oak Pond. It's located between LaPlata and Bryans Road along Bumpy Oak Road. The Mattawoman creek feeds this pond (about 5-6 acre pond) and it's full of snakeheads. You can search MD DNR's angler log for snakeheads and you will find many posts of snakeheads caught out of Bumpy Oak. Like the old saying goes "Try it, you'll like it" Good luck.
        John

Cuda 12
        F&S Eagle Talon 12

Comment

Is it the pond in Myrtle Grove wildlife management area? That pond has some nice shoreline.

Comment

Thank You, I'm looking at all this places with google maps.

Comment

Working...
            X