Need help on kayak fishing registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on kayak fishing registration

So this summer I'm trying to get into kayak fishing, I have a Sea Kayak Scrambler that has just been sitting on my farm getting no use so I figured I could put it to use this summer with some fishing. I'm not looking to impede on anybody's spots however I am curious on what kind of registration kayaks need? And any spots that still have kayak permits available throughout maryland? I live in Harford County and went looking for permits from Loch Raven however their all out, so if anybody knows any places I can still get registration that would be great! Thank you and any advice is appreciated

No State registration is needed in Maryland for Kayaks/canoes as long as they are not powered by an electric or gasoline engine... manual power only.

The 3 Baltimore City Reservoirs and their permitting system are run entirely by Baltimore City. If you buy a Lock Raven permit then you are required to limit your kayaking to Loch Raven, Prettyboy and Liberty Reservoirs ONLY. This is required to minimize the spread of Zebra mussels to these reservoirs from elsewhere. If you get a Loch Raven Permit then you can NOT launch your boat in any other body of water except at the City's 3 reservoirs.... their lakes, their rules.
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

there are so many other opportunities, other than the city reservoirs. That is the nice thing about kayak fishing. You throw it on top of the car and go where ever. I live less then a mile from Loch Raven and although it's a grea bass fishery, I'm not going to miss being on it this summer because I'll be hitting Bay tributaries etc., all over the state. Maybe Deleware too. CHSP??

You see all the people that are kicking around the idea of fishing the "Flats" this weekend. I suggest watching this forum to get ideas of where to go.
      I can't wait to wrap up this current 7 day a week gig and have some down time around mid June
      ORANGE NATIVE MANTA RAY 11

Comment

You could always get a permit for the WSSC reservoirs in the PG/Mont/Howard Co area but that's a bit of a ride for you. The Maryland State Park Passport allows you free admission(for you & up to 10 others in your vehicle) & free boat launch use at Maryland State Parks where there is a fee. Some MD State Parks have free admission & free launching: Rocks State Park, Gunpowder State Park(Jones Rd), also free Deer Creek & Susky access...these places are near you. then, some cities and counties have boat launches...some are free, some have a fee. Wherever you go, have your fishing license on you while fishing, a pfd, and a whistle....plus a light if you will be on the water at dark. Good luck & post up your fishing adventures.

Comment

Working...
        X