Bucket Drift Sock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucket Drift Sock?

This weekend I tried fishing for flounder but soon found out that I could not drift and jig with the current due to the fact that the wind kept making the jig scope out.

Anyway I don't feel like spending a load of money on an actual drift sock since and am looking for a cheap alternative.

I saw this on the internet http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?t=236746 and I already have a spare bucket lying around

so I was wondering if anyone has experience with these or if i'm just wasting my time. If not I will probably try and make one out of a tarp instead. Let me know if you can help

Thanks,
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Get a drift sock- they aren't that expensive and when you want to slow down a drift and fish, nothing else works as well- and I have also used mine with an anchor to position my boat perfectly still from swaying back and forth
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

a good amount of people (including me) were selling drift socks for $15 at flea markets. I'm pretty sure somebody will offer to sell you one.

Comment

I must agree, get a drift sock. You won't be sorry. They have them for kayaks at West Marine. When I got mine, quite some time ago, it was $19.95. They may be more now.

Comment

Working...
        X