Maiden Voyage Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maiden Voyage Location

Im off work at 2 today, and looking to take my new Jackson Kilroy out for the first time. I have to drive back to Pasadena to get it from my parents house, and i live near the Columbia lakes almost seems pointless for me to make that drive twice for no reason.

Anyone have any ideas?

I know theres a pond behind bass pro ive done really well in #s before but nothing over 16 inches for bass
    Zach Moore
    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
    Bait Towel Pro Staff
    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Depending on which part of the Dena, what about launching in the Magothy? There's a park off of Magothy Bridge near Edwin Raynor. Beechwood Park, I think. I've seen people launch there but I don't think there's a ramp so you'd have to carry or cart it to the water. That seems like a good quiet place for a first trip.
    LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
    Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

I live on the water in the magothy, not really into salt water fishing. Ill go out and perch fish here and there, but in the mood to rip some lips today bassfishing.

I live off greys creek which opens right into dobbins island.
      Zach Moore
      Bait Towel Pro Staff
      2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Originally posted by BassMoore View Post
        I live on the water in the magothy, not really into salt water fishing.
        i can not even begin to comprehend these words in that order. ha
        sigpic

Comment

Ive lived there for 24 years. Used to fish 5 or 6 days a week with my dad. Ill go perch n pickeral fishing. But i dont waste my time for rock fish until the top water bite picks up. Trolling is boring, jigging is to easy right in the mouth into the bay.

I just got bored i guess. Needed something new, so got into bass fishing about 3 years ago. Fishing FLW events and all now.
          Zach Moore
          Bait Towel Pro Staff
          2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Just curious as I don't live very far from Arundel Mills, how big is that pond? Big enough for a kayak?

Just did a google map search - it seems a fairly good size. How far to haul the yak in there? Is that a path that you use to get in there or do you go through the small wooded area?

I didn't realize that one was back there. Need to google maps more often.
            Laura (aka zeebyrd)
            Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

Its not huge, but its a few acres in size. I took my kayak back there last year, its like a 20-30 ft walk. little bit thro some weeds n bushes but its nice. Its verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry clear, has pads, grass, rocks, and laydowns.. it has some good potential. I went in there on a day that was like 95 degrees so the big girls were going to be around.

Only negative ive heard is it on the brinks of a bad neighboorhood. But i didnt have any trouble the 2 times ive been there
              Zach Moore
              Bait Towel Pro Staff
              2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

I don't know of any good largemouth water over that way but good luck on the maiden voyage of Kilroy! Post up some pictures!
                Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

I was able to get my new kilroy out on friday and had a blast. Fastest paddle kayak ive been on. Paddles straight, and very steady and easy paddles had that thing up and going full plane.

It has CRAZY amounts of room for storage. I had 9 tackle boxes, 1 big bag, 5 rods and 2 dry bags in and had room to move and do whatever i wanted, stand up. and nothing was infront of me at all.

Its not as stable as my pro angler used to be, but it was still stable enough for me to stand and rip a lip on a bass. For a sit in kayak to be able to stand was awesome

I took her over to the pond behind bass pro shops, Got 11 bass, all pretty small. Blue gill were on their spawn, i seen some WHOPPER blue gill in there. The bass in this pond are not huge. prolly a 4 lb you will see once in a blue moon, all the fish as small and healthy, but it was a great place for the first trip. Very pleased with my kayak

I caught all fish on a 7.5 in culprit plum crazy worm. I did catch one on a popper as well.
                  Zach Moore
                  Bait Towel Pro Staff
                  2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Working...
                  X