G-dock launch off limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-dock launch off limits

As of today the new GM of the Yacht club has decided that kayaks CAN NOT launch from G-DOCK any longer. Current options for access to the East Side of the Bay Bridge are Terrapin beach park and Matapeake. I am personally going to talk with other business in the general area and see if I can find another alternative.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Well, that changes my plans for this evening!

Comment

Yea it pretty much stinks especially since its only getting better.
      Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Damn!!!
        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

That sucks... Booo!!!! Guess I'll be hittin SPSP.

Comment

Well I'm glad I read this...I was going to launch out of there tomorrow morning. Terrapin is a PITA to launch from by comparison.
            2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

there has been a rash of launches being closed to Kayaks in our area, too. Seems no one wanting to stimulate the economy has realized kayak fishing is one of the gfastest growing sports around.
              14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
              2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

That definitely sucks since it was by far the easiest way to the eastern side. Has anyone talked to Hemingways this year? I know at one time we could launch there but it might be worth reaching out to them again.
                Shane
                Hobie Outback

Comment

Damn, that was a nice place to launch.

On another note, not that this effects many of us, but was told today at Jonas Green by the park ranger that kayaks with motors are not technically allowed to launch there. He said that he doesn't really care, but if DNR came by they would probably write a ticket...
                  Ryan
                  Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                  Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Is there a reason for this? Are the kayaks getting in the way?

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                    Kokatat Pro Staff
                    Torqeedo Pro Staff
                    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                    Alan

Comment

I told my wife that I had a feeling that this year kayaks wouldn't be allowed out of g dock. My reasoning for this was because the wine festival that has been held there for the last two years was canceled this year. Apparently new management came in and wanted more money even after they already had an agreement from what the talk was here on the shore. I had a feeling it was doomed soon. Looks like I won't be buying a new kayak anytime soon. That terrapin launch is a long walk and the paddle from Matapeake is too far for me. I have been out there and storms pop up fast and you could get in fast at g dock. Hope someone can come up with finding a decent area we can use. I believe the development on Broadcreek dr has a launch but I highly doubt that they would grant permission to nonhomeowners of that area. I would even pay money per launch at the marina if that could be an option. I was looking forward to fishing the bridge soon.

Comment

We launched there 2 weeks ago. The new GM told us that there was no permission anymore. He went on to say that this is a resort and people pay a lot of money to have their boats docked there. I offered to pay but he didn't seem to be worried. He did let us launch but said we would have to find a new place to put in. Sad because I had one keeper @26" and my brother had one 34" 15lbs. I stay on the eastern shore so launching at SPSP would be a drag. Isnt terrapin a long haul? This is a bummer its all of 2 mile from Mattapeke i've done it.
                        2012 hobie revo, turbo fins sail rudder

Comment

Bummer... thanks for the info... SPSP it is then...
                          Mike S.
                          Hobie Outback
                          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                          3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Is the beach launch at Hemmingway's the same thing as 'g-dock'?
                            Jeff B
                            Perception Sport 12.5 Caster

Comment

^no, but the beach is off limits too.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X