Maryland fishing Expo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
    i agree, not impressed. PSG is feb 19 & 20. KI fishing flea market on the 29 & 30 of jan. and tri-state marine in deale is feb 5. those should be a lot better.

the guy with the hobie franchise was a total joke he brought the ugliest hobies and there were about 10 people looking around at them with questions and no rep. to be found. i thought easton cycle or backyard boats might have put in a showing there.
    I though that the PSG sale was usually in Feb also, but I read it in a mag from the Timmy-show that it was this weekend coming up (had list of upcoming shows)..gonna hafta check that again..

Your are right about the hobie display..my brother didn't even want to look at them..and the rep was no where to be found as well.
    08' Hobie Revolution - Ivory Dune

Comment

no its feb 19 and 20 dont want you to go there and nothing is going on. go on pasadenasportfishing.com to confirm

Comment

Sat.

I went on saturday, and like everyone else, i wasnt overwhelmed. There are a few upsides... the talk on eastern shore tidal bass fishing was well done and I got a chance to talk to Jeff Little for a while (and an invite to do some reservoir fishing with him).

I did pick up a few items that are harder to find:
        -Detailed maps of Baltimore's 3 reservoirs. (I have created my own for Liberty, but i didnt have Loch Raven or Prettyboy)

-Carbon VisiPro. Hey, its dark out there and we are hard to see on the water.

-Deep diving crankbaits in a Rainbow Trout Pattern. (These are damn near impossible to find. And I was able to support a local lure maker and not a commercial big box).

- New Fish Gripper.

In sum, for 8 bucks, it wasn't a waste of time. And I made it to the bar just in time for the ravens debacle, i mean, the ravens game.
        Jason

Comment

I was not impressed and will probably not go back. The Hobie area was disappointing with no salesman in sight, and if they were there, they did not come up to the potential buyers and introduced themselves. I had to pickup my own broshure out of a box myself. My brother in law wanted to see a certain boat manufacturer that was advertised as being at the boat show, but they were not there, despite being listed. I did pickup a trotline for crabbing and a few teasure lures, but that was it. The lectures were probably the best part. I only wish that the afternoon kayaking lecture utilized some sort of loud speaker/mic system, because it was hard to hear them over the AC/heating unit noise. They were very nice guys though willing to answer any questions.

Comment

MD Fishing Expo

My wife and I went Saturday. It was our first ever visit to a fishing expo. It was Ok. I really expected more vendors with lots of fishing gear for sale. I also expected some Expo sale discounts on the reels.

Any idea how this expo will compare with this weekend's Richmond Expo?
            2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Harrisburg is really big but it's not just fishing .......... I hear Richmond is bigger than Balto ......... the one here has never been that great in my opinion ......

Comment

the PSG fishing flea market is the place for deals and vendors. i haven't been to the tri state marine 1 in deale but im going to go this year also KI. i have been disappointed with the mssa show in Annapolis the past couple years so im going to pass on that one.

i did talk with a couple captains about snake head in the Potomac and a good place to stay in wachapreague for flounder time and he said if we want to go out for mahi and tuna he would do the mother ship for a price of course
                Last edited by surfdog; 01-19-2011, 05:20 PM.

Comment

I was also disappointed with the show, it seemed like there was more charters trying get clients that actual vendors for fishing gear, the light tackle seminar by Captain Gaines was very informative for jigging for stripper. and did get to met two lure makers and get some hook-ups. If anybody is going to the other shows let me know and I will met you there, that way I have some one to walk with.
                  Don't know if it works until you try it.

Ocean Kayak Big Game
                  LL Bean Manatee 10

Comment

capt. Gaines spoke at a couple PSG meeting he was very informative. i'll hit the tri state show next

Comment

Yeah, I liked the seminars at the MD expo.

The seminar line up at Richmond also looks interesting. Saw this at their site:

" For 3 years The Richmond Fishing Expo has presented in one location the largest array of tackle combined with some of the finest professional talent around offering a weekend of fishing "OVERLOAD".
                      Seminars ...Got'em .....Bass Tub...Got it......Trout Fishing for the kids..... Got it .....Simulators .... Got'em .... 2011 Fishing Boats ....Got'em ...Tackle ....Man do we have it. Everything that's made this show the one you all look forward to each year....WE'VE GOT IT ! ! ! and it's in one location and this year all under one roof. More Rods....More Tackle... More Guide services...More Seminars...More Fishing products and services than you'd ever expect in one location. Basically if it's made to catch fish you should be able to find it here. The Farm Bureau Center - Meadow Event Park is the place and the 2011 Richmond Fishing Expo is the event to go."

Any feedback on this? I'm thinking about going. If it's not much better than MD expo, maybe I'll skip Richmond.
                      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
                      X