Lightweight tackle bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightweight tackle bag

I bought the mothership of tackle boxes several months ago......the Spiderwire tackle duffle. It's a nice system but its a beast.

Today, while in Dicks, I came accross a medium waist pack made by Marmot. It has enough room for a mid sized tackle organizer, sunglasses compartment, a section for bags of rubber worms and two bottle holders.

Anyone else use a minimalist tackle bag instead of haulng around 25 lbs of lures all the time?

Two months ago, I purchased a set of 3 sizes of locking waterproof Plano tackle boxes. I carry the largest size (14") on every trip and set it on the floor just in front of me. For most trips, I can carry all the tackle I need in there. If I need more, I bring along the second box (10"). I have never needed more gear than that, even when I am fishing in completely different locales and styles on the same trip. But I tend to be a minimalist when it comes to outfitting my kayak.
    Last edited by J.A. Veil; 06-10-2013, 07:21 AM.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

i take too much, don't use more than 3/4 of it, and always think i didnt bring enough. sigh
      sigpic

Comment

I bought a fanny pack style tackle bag from Dicks made my spiderwire : http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...ckle+waist+bag

It came with 1 medium size box and I added a second, has multiple pockets for other things also. I downgraded from a larger size tackle box like you did and I think it was a good decision. Its helped me tune my fishing technique by narrowing down what I take with me. So now I only carry specific items for the species im targeting instead of half of basspro's inventory. I plan to just keep my gear in different clear tackle organizer cases divided by species or style of fishing, allowing me to grab a case or 2 for each outing as ive realized that's all I really need.
        2014 Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
        X