Non- Kayak report Keeper Drum Schools 6-10 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non- Kayak report Keeper Drum Schools 6-10 13

I couldn't put the Kayak in the water today so I ended up at solomons. I know that this should pertain to kayak fishing but I would like to share my catch with you guys to let you know that the keeper drum schools are holding in the shallows feeding during a moving tide. look at this post as a scouting report. Both fish where caught on a bottom rig.
    20inch drum tail shot.jpg20 inch drum.jpg19inch red drum.jpg19 inch drum tail shot.jpg

Nice drum thanks!
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Nice Drum. What did you use for bait?

Comment

Last years 14 inch drum are this years keepers- I caught six last Sunday- none were under 16 inches- mixed in are croakers- and they pull good
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by Foursteps24 View Post
          Nice Drum. What did you use for bait?
          Big sections of blood worms.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
            Last years 14 inch drum are this years keepers- I caught six last Sunday- none were under 16 inches- mixed in are croakers- and they pull good
            Yea Ron, Just think Unless they migrate out ,it wont be long until we catch the Bull Reds. Its amazing how hard they pull. You can tell the difference between them and a rockfish fight. These fish were mixed in with small spots. No croakers where around that shallow for some reason.

Comment

Working...
            X