Point of Rocks Sun. 6/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point of Rocks Sun. 6/16

I am planning on fishing the Point of Rocks area this Sunday and wanted to see if anyone wants to join me. Ideally I would like to do a float from Brunswick to Point of Rocks so it would be nice to have a few people so we can do our own car shuttle. If this doesn't work out I may look into paying for a shuttle from Point of Rocks to Brunswick. I'd be interested in any suggestions anyone has for who would provide a shuttle in this area. Doing a search I found River & Trail Outfitters http://www.rivertrail.com/index.php. This seems like something they would offer, but they don't specifically mention it on their website.

Please keep an eye on the river level http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydro...lwx&gage=porm2 3 feet is caution stage at POR. Unfortunately I will be out of town this weekend or I would join you.. I hope it works out for you and you are able to get out!

Comment

Big Fluke... My name is John Brown...I live in Frederick and I have been dying to do this float you have suggested. You and I can shuttle this ourselves on Sunday. I have not responded yet b/k I am keeping an eye on the water level. Yesterday the point of rock gauge was at 6.0- already down to 5 today and may drop to under 3 (where it needs to be to be safe) by mid Saturday/Sunday. If it stays too high, I am going to Sandy point state park to hit the bay bridge stripers so I did not want to commit to the Brunswick float yet. But if you like, we can do this float/ shuttle anytime going forward... PS- I would be interested in putting in at Dickerson and float down towards Edwards Ferry (across the way is Goose Creek on the VA side) which is less current and plenty of fish. Lets stay in touch. -John

Comment

John, it looks like the river is still going to be a little bit high on Sunday. I've floated other sections of the Potomac when the river is above what is recommended, but am not sure what this section is like at this level. I don't think I will go alone, but if you or anyone else is interested I'd be willing to give it a try.

If it doesn't work out for this Sunday you might be interested in coming by the MAKBF event at Point of Rocks next Saturday (6/22). Check out the MAKBF forum at the bottom of the main page for details. I'll be at this event and will be looking to do float, although I may just do Lander to Point of Rocks because I tend to be slow when I float. -Robert

Comment

Working...
        X