X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-Tug Kayak Cart

Does anyone have this cart?

http://www.austinkayak.com/products/...ayak-Cart.html

I am really interested in this cart.. I have read the rubber tires rarely hold air but these plastic ones are supposed to be the real deal, just a little loud. It completed comes apart and can fit in and kayak compartment. Which is why im so interested.

Any feed back would be great.

I have a hybrid sit on top kayak just with no scupper holes.
    Zach Moore
    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
    Bait Towel Pro Staff
    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Hey Pal

This was posted on TKAA the other day 6/9/13 as of this morning no reply's not sure if the guy posted it anywhere else but might be worth looking into. I send him a PM to see if he still has it.

For sale: used twice, like new C-Tug boat cart, just like the one in the link... I can email or text photo if you want... Asking $60. It will breakdown and fit just about anywhere if you have a larger hatch like on a 13' hobie...

http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.a...FUtgMgodOxkAgg

Comment

I have it....along with mytmouse...and foursteps24. We found a good deal on Ebay a couple years back.

I like it a lot. Among the three of us, I was the only one to have issues with the inner tube failing at the valve stem. Luckily, the replacement inner tube costs $3 at Harbor Freight. This was the only problem I had...and mind you I've had this cart for a couple of years...and I store it outside year round.

Since the wheels are kinda small, they dont perform as good as a larger wheel on soft sand, like CHSP. The three of us always talk about upgrading to the hard plastic wheels, but we have yet to do so. I like the break down of the cart as well. I can easily fit it in my storage hats along with my battery and other stuff. Assembly/disassembly is quick.

The straps/buckles can be tricky to get them to stay secured tightly. It is important to make sure the yak is strapped tightly to the cart. In rough terrain, the cart will tip forward if it isnt attached tightly. I plan to modify mine to use a different tie down strap.

It is a great cart
      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Originally posted by SpacePeas View Post
        Hey Pal

This was posted on TKAA the other day 6/9/13 as of this morning no reply's not sure if the guy posted it anywhere else but might be worth looking into. I send him a PM to see if he still has it.

For sale: used twice, like new C-Tug boat cart, just like the one in the link... I can email or text photo if you want... Asking $60. It will breakdown and fit just about anywhere if you have a larger hatch like on a 13' hobie...

http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.a...FUtgMgodOxkAgg
        wow...can't beat that for $60!

Comment

I had one and it worked well for our SOTs until a few thousand pounds of SUV proved too much for it. Although I have to admit it put up some great resistance before exploding into thousands of pieces. Didn’t work so well after that.
          Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
          Predator 13

Comment

I have one with the solid wheels and like it a lot, had it at J-Bay, bounced around on weeds and bumps on ramp and no problem. Seems very well made, and comes apart easily. The straps I redid to make easier, and it fits in my OK ultra front hatch which is pretty small, only pop off wheels and pads ,frame fits as it is. I like the fact that ya can't get flats!?.......jack

Comment

Seems like everyone doesn't 100% like the straps lol!

Comment

Working...
              X