Did i buy enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did i buy enough?

Dick's in gaithersburg, md by Rio has a buy 3, get 1 free on ALL lures, so i took advantage of the 25% off. think i'll go back and pick up some other stuff, like freshwater lures and some jigs and bucktails, but without the wife this time. an evil look was bestowed at the register when buying $100 in gulp, ha.

i'm still skeptical that gulp is actually that much better than plain jane rubber considering it's cost, but at least it's biodegradable!

IMG_20130611_193228_058.jpgIMG_20130611_205820_760.jpg
    sigpic

Hmmm, I might have to stock up.. You've got enough for a couple trips but I've gone through more than 3 bags in a single trip so I don't know if it is "enough" I've never done a side by side comparison with plain jane plastic but theres no doubt gulp put them in the boat.

Comment

Gulp is crack for flounder.

Do they have the buckets on sale?

Comment

yeah, all lures are buy 3 get 1 free
        sigpic

Comment

Dail,
          - I too am still not convinced Gulp mullets are better than plain-jane plastic. Up until a few weeks ago, all my flatties were caught on plain plastic. I used plastic brands such as Cabelas, BPS, Gotcha, Zoom, etc. I now use Gulp, in addition to plain plastic, and I still don't quite see any difference. Still, there are people that swear by it (Gulp). I have caught croaker, specks, blues, flounder, stripers, redfish, toads, sea robbins, eels, rays/skates and other species on plain plastic. Oh, well......I still have to continue to test for any difference.
          - A sale on lures?!?! I have tons of lures, especially plastic.......and I still keep buying them.......I guess I'm afraid of running out....lol.....
          Last edited by tufnik; 06-12-2013, 02:15 PM.
          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

It looks like they're having that deal at the Ritchie Highway and Waugh Chapel locations as well.

Comment

I have tested gulps against squid, cut bait, minnows and it out fished all other baits 3 to 1.

Plus i typically only lure fish.

I go through 2-3 bags every time i go out pretty much.

Meadeo
              2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

Has anyone consider making your own lures? $4 a pop and it seems like you guys go through them like candy.

PS: who bought all the Berkley 4" fire tiger shad at Dicks. I posted on the forum and there is no more at my local Dicks!!

Comment

Originally posted by jet View Post
                  Dick's in gaithersburg, md
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]7424[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7425[/ATTACH]
                  Did ya know there is now a Dick's up in the Wheaton Plaza.. aka Westfield Mall Wheaton... don't know which
                  is closer to you as I saw your tag in Rockville... for me it's right up the street... I was stoked when I found out
                  they were opening... especially as Sports Authority stopped carrying fishing equipment on Rockville Pike.
                  There is West Marine on Randolph... but well, you know.. (prices)...

Good tip, thanks..

Comment

Working...
                  X