Fun in the sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun in the sun

I was just wondering how, if at all, does everyone protect themselves from the sun while fishing? Sunscreen, long sleeves, under armour, nothing? I was at the June M&G, and even thought it was cloudy all morning, I came back considerably darker, and with a huge farmers tan. Granted I tan very easily, but aside from that there are health reasons to be mindful of as well. From what it looks like Berto covers us very well, but that doesn't look fun in the heat of summer.

Spf clothing longsleeves and pants and buff while I can stand it and sunblock when it gets too hot for that. The sun is no joke, I know a lot of people that have had skin cancer.
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

i wear lightweight quick dry pants and long sleeve shirts, typically from columbia. keeps the sun off, stays pretty damn cool, and dries off in minutes when it gets wet
      sigpic

Comment

I just bought a couple of spf long sleeves that dry off very fast. When it comes to the lower part of the body, I alternate between swimming trunks with sunblock on my legs or long quick dry pants. It depends on the weather. As for the feet I have the Columbia PFG drainmaker. One thing to remember whether you go with pants or shorts, always remember to sunblock your ankles! I had nasty sunburn when I had pants on one day and ignored putting anything on my ankles. Especially with a Hobie, they constantly get exposed.

BTW, EMS has their EMS Men's Sessions Shirt on sale for $21.75! I have one and love the feel.
        http://www.ems.com/product/index.jsp...373287.3696932
        -Mustafa
        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
        2016 Hobie Outback
        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

I think it helps. There's time I've fished in shorts and tank top w/ sunblock and I notice I get this hot feeling on my skin like it's getting burned. But if I wear the lightweight pants, long sleeves I don't get the burning feeling on my skin. Even the buff helps the cheeks of my face when the sun bounce off the water.
          2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

I use sunblock on my face and hands. I wear a long sleeve SPF shirt and pants. For my feet, I like to where my Neoprene booties. This keeps the burning feeling off of me. Do not forget to put sunblock on the back of your neck too!

Comment

Sun Block Sun Block, I have Columbia zip off pants that are quick dry and UV, Columbia L/S PFG quick dry, and I have a Buff along with a floppy hat and I just heard a good tip from KFR ( Kayak Fishing Radio) I think it was the Low Sodium Show from May, keep an extra Buff in the cooler and swap them during the day and drink lots of water during the day.

Comment

Sunblock here but I've been thinking about some light pants and long sleeve shirt for a while. I have to put sb on a couple of times every trip and there was a couple of times I ran out and by th time I got back home I was red as an apple.

Comment

My legs burned badly two weeks ago during a kayak outing and they are still peeling.

I was out Wednesday this week and it was beautifully sunny. I used Banana Boat Sport Performance SPF 50 spray. I felt like a basted turkey but the spray worked. No burns and no further damage to my legs.

By the way, the white perch were very agreeable in Mill Creek on Wednesday. I got 13 including 4 that topped 10 inches. Most hit a 4 inch chartreuse curly tail grub linked to a jig spinner. Others hit a 3 inch blue and silver X Rap.

Mark
                  Mark
                  Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                  Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                  Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
                  X