PLO Saturday 6/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLO Saturday 6/15

Launching bright and early by the causeway if anyone wants to join.
    Dave
    2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

How would someone who has never gone out on the Bay do in this area?
    Laura (aka zeebyrd)
    Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

Originally posted by zeebyrd View Post
      How would someone who has never gone out on the Bay do in this area?
      Its not too bad. Forecast looks great with 5-10mph NNW winds. Haven't been this year but went maybe 5 times last year May-July and caught croaker and perch everytime. Coming a little more prepared this year so hopefully catch something else

I launch from here and park on the causeway https://maps.google.com/maps?q=38.05...num=1&t=h&z=19
      Dave
      2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

Is that a free launching area - inside the state park? I've driven down there a couple times, but never fished there.

What time is bright and early?
        Last edited by zeebyrd; 06-14-2013, 06:09 PM.
        Laura (aka zeebyrd)
        Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

Originally posted by zeebyrd View Post
          Is that a free launching area - inside the state park? I've driven down there a couple times, but never fished there.

What time is bright and early?
          Just the park entrance fee (forgot, maybe $5 max?). Its a beach launch so a cart might make it easier but if not theres a pull off spot right there you can drop all your stuff at.

I'll be there between 430-5 which means i have to leave here around 2 lol
          Dave
          2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

I'm headed that direction Sunday morning and have never fished there. Other than bloodworms what gear should I bring?
            Jeff B
            Perception Sport 12.5 Caster

Comment

Jeff- bottom fishing around PLO should produce big croakers, white perch and redfish- A lot of us fish the forty foot curve at Cornfield for stripers, but with pods of bait moving around, you should be able to find them just about anywhere you see schools of bait breaking- When I see that, I use top water poppers or subwalk Rapala's and do the "walk the Dog" retrieve- there are flounder around the obstructions near the lighthouse on Cornfield side of PLO- you can see the old pilings sticking just above the surface at low tide- and inside Lake Conroy there are some speckled trout as well as redfish- on the causeway side of PLO there is a parking area just past the causeway to the right where you can park and cart your kayak across the road on a paved pathway to a beach launch- Be aware that fishing the Cornfield Harbor side of PLO is the Potomac and fishing the Causeway side isn't- hope that helps some- good fishing-
              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by beerums View Post
                I'm headed that direction Sunday morning and have never fished there.
                If perhaps this helps....

List of a lot of nautical charts for the Bay and along the coast...
                http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineVie...werTable.shtml

And for the area this chart... (Point Lookout area)
                http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/12233.shtml

I'm thinking I might go Piney Point... (Sunday)... very early as the weather is saying...

Annapolis Weather...
                "Sunday...Partly sunny in the morning...Then mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 80s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph...Increasing to around 15 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 50 percent."

Marine Weather...
                TIDAL POTOMAC FROM COBB ISLAND TO SMITH POINT-
                SUN
                SW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS TO 20 KT. WAVES 1 FT. A
                CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND TSTMS.

CHESAPEAKE BAY FROM DRUM POINT TO SMITH POINT-
                SUN
                SW WINDS 15 TO 20 KT. WAVES 3 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
                TSTMS.
                Last edited by rob-kayak; 06-15-2013, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X