Not sure where to fish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure where to fish?

Ive been fishing my entire life from the bank/peir and now that i have a kayak and am able to reach greater distances off shore I feel like a newbie as far as where to go and fish. I live in Baltimore and have only fished one local park and the sesquahanna right next to port deposit. Ill fish for anything but lately I haven't been able to scratch this bass itch. I heard that the Potomac was pretty good I just don't know where to go at to launch. if you have any other suggestions or a good place to launch on the Potomac please feel free to give me a reply. thanks a million

Mattawoman Creek would be my suggestion- go down route 210 south until you are about to enter the Naval Weapons station- turn left on Mattingly Street and drive to end- launch is at the end-
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

thank you...guess that's where ill be tomorrow

Comment

The water conditions should be improving after the heavy rains- snakeheads are in the Lilly pads and spadderdock- there are some big bass at Mattawoman-
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I went to Mattawoman today. No snakehead or bass for me. Maybe another time. It was a beautiful day for being on the water though.
          Laura (aka zeebyrd)
          Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

I'm either heading to Mattowoman or Jonas Green tomorrow. Maybe I'll see you out there!
            2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
            Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

Originally posted by Nitefly View Post
              I'm either heading to Mattowoman or Jonas Green tomorrow. Maybe I'll see you out there!
              Went to Mattawoman today with my son, daughter and wife. Son and I went on the kayak and my wife and daughter hung out in the shade... Brought the GoPro out for the first time and attempted to make a video, definitely not the greatest. We did end up catching one catfish and as I was bringing it into the yak the line broke and the spine poked my son in the foot...end of day. Here's the video I made...like I said, below average but its a start!

Jeff B
              Perception Sport 12.5 Caster

Comment

Jebus that is cute him paddling.
                sigpic

Comment

The video was just fine... Coolest little whippersnapper fisherman I've seen.

Comment

If you have a smartphone there's an app called Launch Points that is pretty good.

Comment

I fished the upper with a buddy from a canoe last summer. Tons of smallies. I believe we were up by Harper's Ferry.
                      LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
                      Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

I did end up fishing Mattawoman for 6 hours this morning. Ill post a report in the Boatyard. Did you make it out Darnell? Cute kid Jeff B!
                        2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
                        Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

Originally posted by Nitefly View Post
                          I did end up fishing Mattawoman for 6 hours this morning. Ill post a report in the Boatyard. Did you make it out Darnell? Cute kid Jeff B!
                          Thanks! I fished Mattawoman again this morning, launched from the bridge at 225. Ill be posting a report as well at some point.
                          Jeff B
                          Perception Sport 12.5 Caster

Comment

I made it to mattawoman today only to check it out. Made a right turn on mattawoman road I believe it was and it dead ended right into the water. Met some real nice anglers down there. One had about a four pounder (bass) in a bucket that he said he was gonna release if he didn't catch anything else and another guy who said he caught and released (bass) about a six or seven pounder. All in all it looks like a really nice place to fish. Saw maybe six guys on boats and about four in kayaks. If all goes well next Sunday I'm definitly going to make it a trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Darnell View Post
                              Ive been fishing my entire life from the bank/peir and now that i have a kayak and am able to reach greater distances off shore I feel like a newbie as far as where to go and fish. I live in Baltimore and have only fished one local park and the sesquahanna right next to port deposit. Ill fish for anything but lately I haven't been able to scratch this bass itch. I heard that the Potomac was pretty good I just don't know where to go at to launch. if you have any other suggestions or a good place to launch on the Potomac please feel free to give me a reply. thanks a million
                              If you want a place closer to home you can launch into the patapsco at southwest regional park and fish tyhe ponds atbelle grove not the biggest bass but its close and you can catch a nice mix there park road is off georgia ave
                              D Hawk
                              Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
                              Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

Working...
                              X