G dock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G dock

Hey guys, I haven’t been on in awhile so I might have missed it in a post. I went to the BB today and launched from G dock. Upon my return the manager came to the dock and said they were not allowing anymore kayak launching. He said they have gotten busier and parking has been taken up by kayakers (there were 4 vehicles in the parking lot and I was the only yaker). I thanked him for the previous use and thought I’d pass this info on.
    Don
    2012 Hobie Revo 13'
    2012 Hobie PA12'

I used it on Saturday without any issue, and plan on going tomorrow. Will continue to use it until I am asked not to. The grounds keeper at Hemingways pointed me in the direction of it when he politely asked me not to use that access. Thanks for passing that along. They could collect some $ with a simple honor system box right there that could help them with the upkeep of the facilities. I'll post here if I have problems in the morning. If I do, I suppose it means it's time for me to branch out from the area.
    Wilderness Systems Pro Staff since 2002.

Comment

Good luck Jeff.
      2012 Hobie Revo 13'
      2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Yes the grounds keeper approached many of us during the CCA Tournament on June 1st and said that they are under new management and that you cannot launch from G-Dock anymore.... Like you, even during the tournament the parking lot at G-Dock was only half full, and only half of those cars were kayak hauling vehicles.

Comment

If you do a search, you'll find the thread. Hemminway's has been off limits for about two years now. Since then, we were give permission to launch off G-dock. A few weeks ago, we were told G-dock launching is now prohibited. Guys now launch off SPSP, Terrapin, Metapeake, and other places.

Please spread the word. G-dock is now a no-no.
          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
          X