Sink for fishing Jonas Green or bay bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sink for fishing Jonas Green or bay bridge

Hi I'm a new kayak-er I usually fish the Magothy and have no problems there I , I have fished at Jonas green twice but have not gone to far out. I have an ascend fs10 sit in kayak and Im very comfortable fishing in it. I put it in my pool and tried to roll it and was surprised how much effort it took. My question is is a sit in kayak suitable for the bay or places like the channel in front of Jonas Green with a lot of boat traffic.I always wear a PDF.

Welcome I did two seasons in the fs12 It was a lot of fun. I did the bay quite a few times put you do have to pick your days with a sit in yak. If you can make it my going to Ft Armisted tomorrow about 3:30 after work. It's bin slow there just hoping for the perch to come in.
    Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
    Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

I've been getting 50-75 perch per trip in magothy fishing under piers

Comment

I'm a big fan of "self bailing" sit on tops. I started out in sit in kayaks years ago, and having a canoeing background, I just figured it was part of the deal, you bail. Sit on tops changed that. I was out on the bay yesterday and a sit on top wouldn't have made it half a mile from the marina without being swamped. Daddyg's comment above "you do have to pick your days with a sit in yak" is spot on. You can pick many more of them with a sit on top. Enjoy.
        Wilderness Systems Pro Staff since 2002.

Comment

Is a sot harder to paddle

Comment

My first yak was the FS10. It was a nice yak and I made many trips out on the Severn w/out incident. I never took it out to the bay bridge but fished the HRBT a couple times out of it.

I think a SOT is easier to paddle, but I don't paddle much anymore...
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
            X