Mattawoman this weekend.. DONT GO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattawoman this weekend.. DONT GO

This weekend is going to be insane on the Potomac. If you had plans to fish em I would prolly switch it up

The College FLW tour will b launching at 6 am Saturday at smallwood
    BFL FLW will also be launching at Smallwood on Saturday 6-7 am

Another Potomac Teams Tournament will also be launching from smallwood on Saturday at 6 am

Looking at well over 500 boats if not more launching into mattawomen on Saturday and Sunday.

That lower portion will be a little crushed out for bass. atleast for a few days.. some mouths are going to be hurting.

All these boats that are going to be doing 50-70mph on the water, id hate to see some one loose their gear because they were not warned.

IF you decide to go, be safe, be mindful these guys are fishing for a paycheck.. so they may just go right infront of you, or ask you to leave.
    Zach Moore
    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
    Bait Towel Pro Staff
    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Thank you for the warning. I really appreciate knowing that. My plans will be changing. Not sure where, maybe Magothy, South River, or somewhere up this way.
    Laura (aka zeebyrd)
    Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

If you launch at slavins though its only a 6mph wake zone for boats so you don't have to worry about them there and upstream

Comment

Yea its 6 mph but its a very small part that alot of boats are going to fish. Alot of people hear do not leave mattawomen while fishing tournaments.

There isnt a reason to. So that entire part of the river will be full.

Along with the spoils, pohick, the bridge, you name it that whole river will be filled with boats just LOOKING for a place to fish.
        Zach Moore
        Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
        Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
        Bait Towel Pro Staff
        2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
        YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

If you launch under the bridge at 225 you can fish the upper portion...i know some of the tournament guys will be headed that way as long as it is high tide. If you catch it at low tide they won't be able to make it that far up, there are too many obstructions and it gets pretty shallow. Hopefully the fish will realize that too and it will be good fishing below the bridge...
          Jeff B
          Perception Sport 12.5 Caster

Comment

Working...
          X