Beach Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beach Wheels

After going to CHSP, I'm seriously considering beach wheels for my Hobie heavy duty cart. I've been told that I can't add Wheeleez beach wheels to the heavy duty cart frame because they won't fit. So I would have to buy the Hobie Trax2 cart (the one with the beach wheels).

Can someone confirm this?
    -Mustafa
    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

thats correct. if u had the trax2 u could drill a couple holes and add hard wheels but the beach wheels need the groved end to lock on

Comment

Thanks bro!
      -Mustafa
      2016 Hobie Outback
      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Look at tackle shop section for the wheelez great buy if still available larger wheels than hobie cart and easier to pull on sand.

Comment

Why don't to build one using PVC? You can build two different wheel sets.
          Attached Files
          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

That's a nice setup! How much did the wheels cost you? Did you buy the axle from wheeleez or made your own out of something else?
            -Mustafa
            2016 Hobie Outback
            2012 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
              That's a nice setup! How much did the wheels cost you? Did you buy the axle from wheeleez or made your own out of something else?
              Paid about $150 for the pair of wheeleez. Bought knobbies for about $25-30 for the pair from Northern Tools, or was it Harbor Freight. Bought axles from Home Depot for a few bucks. I think I have a past thread on this.

Been using this for three years. No problem, works great. Wheeleez does great in soft sand.

BTW. This thread should be under Dry Dock, not the Main.
              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
                After going to CHSP, I'm seriously considering beach wheels for my Hobie heavy duty cart. I've been told that I can't add Wheeleez beach wheels to the heavy duty cart frame because they won't fit. So I would have to buy the Hobie Trax2 cart (the one with the beach wheels).

Can someone confirm this?
                That tide was so low compared to when we launched. What a long drag after a long day of fishing. Well worth it but man was I tired. Beach wheels would be nice.
                2014 Hobie Dune Outback
                2013 Ocean Kayak Yellow Trident 13
                Rob

Comment

Hey Rob, we looked pathetic for two men under forty dragging our kayaks 10 feet at a time. LOL

Originally posted by yakkinfish18 View Post
                  That tide was so low compared to when we launched. What a long drag after a long day of fishing. Well worth it but man was I tired. Beach wheels would be nice.
                  2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                  2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                  2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

You guys should have seen me! LOL! Toyomo was plowing through, I was the one taking breaks! LOL

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
                    Hey Rob, we looked pathetic for two men under forty dragging our kayaks 10 feet at a time. LOL
                    Thanks Tufnik. I remember searching and finding the thread, but all the pictures were gone (because of the server migration I'm assuming) so I couldn't follow it.
                    -Mustafa
                    2016 Hobie Outback
                    2012 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Working...
                    X