Snakehead hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snakehead hunting

I think snakeheads are fully active now. Let's arrange some time and hit Pohick. Who's in?

Sunday most likely will work for me. I'll let you know as the week progresses
    -Mustafa
    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Just checked out the tides...

High 1:20 AM 1.8
      Low 8:00 AM 0.2
      High 1:44 PM 1.7
      Low 8:11 PM 0.1

If I can make it I'll probably be there at around 10am to allow the tide to rise a little so we don't have to drag our kayaks like that one time you told me about
      -Mustafa
      2016 Hobie Outback
      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

I can't do morning on the weekend. I can only do it after 5pm, but good luck though. It is better to do it during hide tide.

Comment

The ones at Pohick wouldn't bite for me last weekend. I could've speared a bunch of them though.
          At low tide they were sitting in 6" or less.

Comment

Originally posted by LoudounFisher View Post
            The ones at Pohick wouldn't bite for me last weekend. I could've speared a bunch of them though.
            At low tide they were sitting in 6" or less.
            Does that mean you're willing to try again?

I may go earlier, closer to 7am to get more time on the water... I'll deal with the low tide
            -Mustafa
            2016 Hobie Outback
            2012 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
              Does that mean you're willing to try again?

I may go earlier, closer to 7am to get more time on the water... I'll deal with the low tide
              I'll definitely be back. Maybe the evening is the key to getting them to bite. I was thinking maybe going straight there from work on the 3rd, but then I remembered that traffic will be really bad then. But one day right after work is likely. I'm now researching bows so I can shoot the ones I see.

Comment

Let us know if you guys had any luck... I am down for future snakehead hunting.
                Jake
                FeelFree Moken 12.5

Comment

Is a license required? I have seen many swim right past me as well and it sure is aggravating...maybe a cast net would be cheaper? (might be illegal)
                  Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Working...
                  X