kayak battery bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kayak battery bags

Hey guys do any of you have the battery bag off of Austin kayaks and I think come with the ocean kayaks? I have an ascend fs12t and iI'm putting my elite 4 Fishfinder gps combo on there and was thinking about buying that bag. It got all 5s on the reviews I'm just curious if its. 100 Percent waterproof because my kayak does tend to get water in it and i wouldn't want it to fry the battery.

Don't know about that battery bag but I just use a dry bag, put in the battery and roll up with wires hanging out. No water inside.
    Last edited by On the fly; 06-25-2013, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Doesn't roll around? no corrosion to wires if they are exposed? Water gets in the hull of my kayak a lot of times

Comment

Originally posted by On the fly View Post
        Don't know about that battery bag but I just use a dry bag, put in the battery and roll up with wires hanging out. No water inside.
        Same here, connections are inside of bag. no corrosion, just hit the connections with wd40 once in a while.
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Thanks guys ya convinced me lol

Comment

I just use a little dielectric grease

Comment

I picked up that liquid electrical tape to seal the connections and the corrosion inhibitor to spray on before the liquid electrical tape.

Comment

why didnt u just get a waterproof battery box from walmart for 10 $ and goop up the hole.. i drooped mine in the water and not a drop got in fully submerged
                Zach Moore
                Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
                Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
                Bait Towel Pro Staff
                2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
                YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Ascend dry bag is right around the same price if not cheaper after the 40% off associates discount

Comment

Your going to trust a bass pro brand lol. ..
                    Zach Moore
                    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
                    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
                    Bait Towel Pro Staff
                    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
                    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Harry's had his for years. Ascend (with the expeption of my kayak lmao) seem to be good products

Comment

Working...
                      X