Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bush River Train Bridge Sunday Morning Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush River Train Bridge Sunday Morning Anyone?

Heading out on the northern Bush Sunday Morning between 8-9 to target the Bush River Train bridge. Low tide is 9:32. Even with a little wind the waters are usually pretty calm up there. Easily accessed from Otter Point or Flying Point. Stripers, cats and others should be there for us. Anyone gonna be up north not looking for snakehead?

Let me know...

Chris

Originally posted by MChrisP1 View Post
    Heading out on the northern Bush Sunday Morning between 8-9 to target the Bush River Train bridge. Low tide is 9:32. Even with a little wind the waters are usually pretty calm up there. Easily accessed from Otter Point or Flying Point. Stripers, cats and others should be there for us. Anyone gonna be up north not looking for snakehead?

Let me know...

Chris
    Might be able to make it, where are you planning on launching?
    Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

I launch from the Bush River Yacht club, however it is a private launch site. I keep my kayak there because i drive a little Hyundai Veloster, and I live 5 minutes from there. However right around the corner is Otter Point and across the water, still very close Flying Point Park which are both public. Depending on where you are coming in I can meet you in nearby waters... Check it out on Google Maps. It's all very close proximity. What are you thinking?

Comment

I will probably launch out of flying point I looked and it looks like a decent place to launch. Both places are about equidistant to me. I will send you a PM with my number I will likely head out around 8. I will know for sure tomorrow if I can make it then I can PM you my number.
        Mike

Comment

Nice! Looking forward to hearing from you. Anyone else around Harford County looking to get out locally tomorrow morning?

Comment

Same here sent you a PM with contact info see you tomorrow.
            Mike

Comment

Count me in...decided to stay local this Sunday due to an exhausting camping trip with the kids Friday and Saturday. If it's available, I will be launching out of Willoughby Boat Ramp just under the train bridge. I have never seen the gates closed. I will be working the bridge and nearby piers early, waiting for some fellow yakers to arrive. I wonder if any Rockfish are lingering, the only deep waters I have found is in the middle of the train bridge.
              2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
              2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
              2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

OK Bad news here. My plans for the day are getting shuffled due to a change in my daughters plans. It doesnt look good for me to make it out tomorrow. There's a chance I will make it out, albeit slim, around 10-11. If I do I hope to see you guys out there. If I dont make it, I hope to hear of many good bites!

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by MChrisP1 View Post
                  OK Bad news here. My plans for the day are getting shuffled due to a change in my daughters plans. It doesnt look good for me to make it out tomorrow. There's a chance I will make it out, albeit slim, around 10-11. If I do I hope to see you guys out there. If I dont make it, I hope to hear of many good bites!

Chris
                  I hope you guys have some luck tomorrow am. Please post your report as I am itchin' to get on some keeper size strikers there. Do you also fish for large mouth bass there as well. I imagine it would be good.

Comment

Not impressed with the Bush River and the train bridge...Only a handful of white perch and a few channel cats. I did see structure around the supports of the bridge, but everywhere else is a 6ft flat ghost town. Spoke with a few crabbers, the most I seen caught was 4 keepers. I would drive a few extra miles and fish the Susquehanna if anyone is looking to fish Harford County.
                    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Agreed after I left you around the bridge I had no luck at all working the docks for Bass. It was fun to hang out and fish with you for a bit.
                      Mike

Comment

Awesome seeing you Jeremy! I worked the docks also and didn't catch shit...

Comment

Working...
                        X