Old Cajun - Welcome aboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Cajun - Welcome aboard

Don't be a lurker now .......... tells about your self ............ this here is a great drinking club with a kayaking problem ........... so welcome aboard ......

Response to Memory Maker

Memory Maker,

It's a long story! Started off in Louisiana. My Dad was in the military and we lived all over the place, graduated from LSU (Not long Shore-man's Union), avoided the draft for 25 years by serving in the Air Force, working as a civilian since 1995, and live in Columbia, MD for the last 2 years.

Love to fish, kayak, scuba/spearfish, and hunt birds. Would love to hunt duck from kayak. I have 2 yaks, 9.5 feather-light and got a h
    Hobbie outback since last spring. I have fished only rivers & lakes to date, but want to start fishing the bay this year. I fish primarily on weekends do to working.

Recently found your web page and forum. Group sounded appropriately "brain damaged" and ugly enough where I felt I would not adversely impact your standards downward. To validate my ugly status, I have included a picture of a recent cray-fishing trip. Needless to say, I believe in catch and release except when it really taste good. Remember, a good Cajun hasn't met a calorie they didn't like!

Despite the above comment, I am looking for a fishing buddy or buddies who know what they are doing. So I am looking forward to getting to know U Guys.

Old Cajun
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Old Cajun; 01-15-2011, 12:53 PM. Reason: word flow

Comment

Hey ........... what part of the bay did you find those crayfish ..........

Comment

Welcome aboard!
        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cajun View Post
          Memory Maker,

It's a long story! Started off in Louisiana. My Dad was in the military and we lived all over the place, graduated from LSU (Not long Shore-man's Union), avoided the draft for 25 years by serving in the Air Force, working as a civilian since 1995, and live in Columbia, MD for the last 2 years.

Love to fish, kayak, scuba/spearfish, and hunt birds. Would love to hunt duck from kayak. I have 2 yaks, 9.5 feather-light and got a h
          Hobbie outback since last spring. I have fished only rivers & lakes to date, but want to start fishing the bay this year. I fish primarily on weekends do to working.

Recently found your web page and forum. Group sounded appropriately "brain damaged" and ugly enough where I felt I would not adversely impact your standards downward. To validate my ugly status, I have included a picture of a recent cray-fishing trip. Needless to say, I believe in catch and release except when it really taste good. Remember, a good Cajun hasn't met a calorie they didn't like!

Despite the above comment, I am looking for a fishing buddy or buddies who know what they are doing. So I am looking forward to getting to know U Guys.

Old Cajun
          ....... brain damaged yes ......... but standards? we don need no stinkin sandards ......... we believe in both catch and release AND catch and filet ...... and yeah ...... sounds like you'll fit in nicely .....

I'm also looking at bird hunting by yak .......

Looking to meet you too .....

Comment

Ah yes, someone as simple as me. Always looking for another dive/yak/fish/shooting companion. Never combined all 4 in onre trip but three, yep. If the fish arent biting its nice to roll off the side with the gun and go down to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
              Hey ........... what part of the bay did you find those crayfish ..........
              I may not have mentioned it, but I am a "little" geographically challenged. If I remember correctly, I found them in the south end of the bay close to mile marker 42 just north of Key West.

Wish we could find them on this end of the Bay.

Comment

Working...
              X