4th of July Fishing in the morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th of July Fishing in the morning

SurfDog and I plan to fish Romancoke on Kent Island in the morning for about 4 hours. Anyone is welcome to join. I do not have a set time to start since SurfDog did called about it. I think we are getting to the Wawa on Route 50 near Anglers at 7am, then taking the quick drive across the Bay Bridge and take the first exit off of the Bridge and head south (a right) to the end. This is Queen Anne County so you should have either a yearly parking pass or get a $10 day pass at Anglers, Chesapeake Outdoors or sometimes you can pay at a machine at Romancoke at the pier there if the machine is working.

What are y'all fishin for? I am new to the forum and am looking for some new faces to kayak fish and crab with

Comment

Actually, the time and meet up location as changed. We will meet at Romancoke at 6:30am and fish the incoming tide. High tide is close to mid day. We will not meet at the Wawa at 7pm. So we will have a slightly earlier start. This will be our first time fishing this area for this year. I am sure croakers are around along with perch. I am hoping to catch some spot to live line for a keeper rock in the deeper channels.

Hope to see you or anyone there. For bait, we have bloodworms and raw shrimp (grocery store). Peeler crabs if you can get one, and Gult mullets on a jighead. Maybe a metal spoon also.

Later in the day, if I am not beet I may crab on the western shore rivers. PM me if you are coming and want my cell phone number......

Comment

That looks like a very cool area to launch from and fish.
        Look forward to hearing a report on how you do there.
        2013 PRO ANGLER 12
        2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Working...
        X