How I make them...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I make them...

Here's a video that shows how I make the lures I jig for rockfish with. They glow, have UV Blast on them, rattle and stink like dead baitfish forgotten in the boat and left to rot.

Wilderness Systems Pro Staff since 2002.

EXCELLENT VIDEO ......... You make some great baits .......

Comment

Thanks for posting. Never seen plastics made before.
      2013 PRO ANGLER 12
      2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Cool vid, thanks for sharing man
        sigpic

Comment

Great work, Jeff- I have thought about making baits, but then consider how little free time I have....until I retire, it won't happen.
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Nice video ! I make lead heads and metal jigs but never plastic. Interesting process. Kinda looks like that nasty green healthy concoction my wife drinks in the morning . Great idea with the rattler. Just might be the ticket for suspended fish with lock jaw. Thanks for posting.
            John

Wilderness Tarpon

Comment

Jeff -

Well done video. That certainly is a time consuming process. The baits look great.
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Nice, I like the rattle feature. For all that work I sure hope the taylor blues don't find the tail ends.
                Brian

Comment

Wow youre throwing the whole arsenal at them. post results

Comment

More videos are on the way with results, but the one constant has been that style jig head, UV Blast and the glow additive. Something is working.
                    Wilderness Systems Pro Staff since 2002.

Comment

Jeff- I fish shallower waters with smaller jigheads for reds and specks down southern MD way- do you pour the same style heads in 1/4 oz and treat them with the same processes? I rarely use anything over 1/2 oz for my style fishing unless the current is boiling and/or fishing deep drop offs and channel edges. I am sure I will go with heavier jigs when we fish the kayak tournament in September as the BB is about the only game in town up that a way to catch bigger fish. I have been using all flat head jig heads that I picked up by the dozen at the local tackle shop- that way I don't feel so bad when I foul hook a ray and have to fight it to the yak and pop off the 20# mono leader.
                      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Thank You for that video, do You sell this jig heads and plastics? It sure takes a while to get to that level of preparation.

Comment

Working...
                        X