New to tidal fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to tidal fishing

Hello everyone. I am a new member to the forum and also fairly new to fishing the bay bridge. I have been kayak fishing in PA for years and it is a very different experience. I have been trying to go every Wednesday to figure it out. Slowly getting the hang of it. I look forward to learning some new things on this forum!

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

The bay- Big water, bigger waves and chop- once you figure your "comfort level" and have some confidence in your kayak's ability to take some rough water, boat wakes and an occasional fast moving thunderstorm (for those of us who have been caught out there) you will know where, when and when not to- takes some getting used to. I have found my kayak can take rough seas I don't want to...nice to know, but I found it out the hard way. Also you will find that getting out there is a lot quicker than getting back in...my trips back always seem much longer than the trip out. Sit on top fishing kayaks with scupper drains are self bailing and if the hatches are watertight practactably unsinkable as long as the hull integrity is maintained. Water inside the hull throws all assumptions out the window-

But even on windy days there are lots of places where you can saltwater fish that have sheltered bays, creeks, and coves.

Welcome to the forum. You will find the nicest people hang out here.
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
      X