Snakehead hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snakehead hunting

Saving the best for last. I want to start hunting for snakehead in occoquan now, this is where the 18 lbs caught last year. Let's get a world record. Anyone interest in joining me?

Date-time-location...newbie to the east coast..relocated from the gulf coast
    Yellow Hobie Outback 2013
    Asian Anglerz
    TexasKayakFisherman

Comment

I'm thinking Monday at Occoquan or Pohick, launch at 6 am.

Comment

I've seen pictures of people catching them at Occoquan. I'm down for hunting them there just can't make it tomorrow morning. I'll hit you up when I can get out to make plans.
        Last edited by AbuMasgouf; 07-07-2013, 09:57 AM. Reason: Cell phone has a mind of its own
        -Mustafa
        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
        2016 Hobie Outback
        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

There have been fish larger than 19 pounds shot with bow and arrow on the Mattawoman by bowhunters at night with shallow-draft, flat bottomed aluminum boats fitted out with a flat deck up front with a gasoline generator and lots of spotlights...the three bowhunters are up front with the middle man shooting straight ahead while his two sidekicks shoot off to the right and left-
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

We can also do Roaches run. I heard that place is also very productive.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakehead Hunter View Post
              I'm thinking Monday at Occoquan or Pohick, launch at 6 am.
              Wish you had told me about Monday when you text me today, I would have prepared my stuff and met you at Occoquan. I'm off on Mondays until September 30

Comment

I am wanting to go after some snakeheads to, I was going to try to head to mattawoman creek on Sunday unless someone has any better places, anyone who wants to go let me know

Comment

sunday sounds pretty nice...always wanted to try mattawoman..wanted to explore it...let see if I can clear the calendar for a few hours...
                  Yellow Hobie Outback 2013
                  Asian Anglerz
                  TexasKayakFisherman

Comment

I am thinking of rigging my yak with portable halogen lights and bow hunting them at night.
                    2012 Hobie Pro Angler 12 - Olive

Comment

Did you make it out to hunt for some snakeheads or planning to soon? I'm just getting my health back and am free to kayak fish again and am still trying to land my first snakehead.

I was thinking Pohick Bay, Occoquan, or Roaches Run but am open and available during AM hours everyday this week.

Comment

Anyone who wants to join me on Sunday send me a pm and I will give you my phone number, this is my first time going after snakeheads and hoping to land a couple nice ones

Comment

I'm in for Sunday Mark. Where are you planning on going? I'm in VA and usually go to Pohick or Roaches.

Comment

So no one else wants to go Sunday, what about a good bass spot I am up for catching some fish

Comment

Like to tag along if anyones going out first or second Saturday of August

Comment

Working...
                              X