Practicing Re-entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practicing Re-entry

Anyone have any suggestions on where to practice re-entry/wet entry in the mid-bay region? I am coming from Silver Spring. I'd like to get some practice in before the water starts to cool down again.

If anyone wants to get together for a bit of practice and fishing, let me know. Everyone needs to practice, and the fall and cooler water temperatures always sneak up on me quicker than expected.

sent you a PM.
    BRETT
    Red/Yellow COBRA Navigator

Comment

This is really important (IMHO). I and a couple of other folks from the forum have been talking about it. Unfortunately, I can't do it during this month, but I'd be interested in doing it again in August.
      -Mustafa
      ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
      2016 Hobie Outback
      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

If anybody comes up with a meeting for this I would like to attend. I second Mustafa's humble opinion on this August would be a good time to do this.

Comment

I need to practice this as well.
          2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

any place where wading is good, start off waist deep, righting the yak and climbing in, then go to shoulder deep and turtle, re-enter. then do the deep water turtle/ re-entry. i suggest get some idea how many times in a row you can do it as well.
            Last edited by Southerly; 07-08-2013, 03:25 PM.

Comment

practicing is a really good idea! a bunch of guys got together at Sandy Point a few years ago to practice self rescue. i remember some had a really hard time getting back in, but i'm sure the practice helped.
              sigpic

Comment

The beach at Sandy Point would be a good place to practice. Jonas Green was another option, but if I remember correctly, you can't wade/swim there.

Would anyone else be interested in a mini meet-n-greet style event some time in August to get together and practice? Water will still be nice and warm.

Comment

I'm good to go also. New cuda haven't had the pleasure of turtling. This will also give you the opportunity to appreciate a proper fitting PFD.

Comment

I'm in.

Point Lookout migh be a good place also. I am not sure if hey would let us do it off of the kayak luanch but might be worh checking it out. If I remember right we have a member here that is the head Ranger at PLO. I can not think of his name but if anyone knows it hit him up for info.
                    Jim

Hobie Outback
                    TKAA member
                    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Working...
                    X