No announcement yet.

New To Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think I'm going to go with the Native Mariner Propel Angler. You can reverse pedal. Also, as compared to the Hobie, the prop on this boat doesn't stick out of the hull nearly as far as the fins on the Hobie. Down side to this is the stern of the boat sits low in the water.

Comment

Welcome HOBIE!!! Welcome HOBIE!!! Welcome HOBIE!!! Welcome HOBIE!!!

(but I'm biased)

Comment

Originally posted by blackflag View Post
        Think I'm going to go with the Native Mariner Propel Angler. You can reverse pedal. Also, as compared to the Hobie, the prop on this boat doesn't stick out of the hull nearly as far as the fins on the Hobie. Down side to this is the stern of the boat sits low in the water.
        Whichever you decide, the best thing I can advise is for you to spend a day FISHING off both. Rent them from a paddle shop. A day leisurely cruising around, will not tell you as much as a day fishing will. Things such as internal storage, rod storage, speed, and your overall comfortability of the boat is what is is what's important. Don't limit your decision to external features before trying out both.

Concerning the prop and fins on the hobie, I have never had a problem with either. I can go as shallow as 7-8 inches with the turbo fins.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
        Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
        2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

I have never been in the Native mariner but I second what was said about trying it out before you drop the cash for it. Reverse is a feature that I wish my Hobie had. Not sure how they compare side by side in other respects. Just taking a quick look at the Native it looks pretty cool...seems to have almost the same specs as the Hobie outback including price. One of the things that swayed me towards buying a Hobie is their customer service. Ive heard many stories of people with damaged out of warranty kayaks getting replacements from Hobie which they obviously were not obligated to do. That counts for a lot in my book.
          2014 Hobie Outback

Comment

Welcome bro! I second the other comments... Try before you buy no matter what you like.
            -Mustafa
            ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
            2016 Hobie Outback
            2012 Hobie Revolution 13
            "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Working...
            X