No announcement yet.

Redfish12 - Monthly Fish Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha that's too bad! And you were laughing at me taking my pictures with my nose on my phone. It was definitely cold out there today!
    Used to fish more.

Comment

Good fishing. I have been waiting for some sort of break in the cold. You gentlemen are tough. I have been planning on going to Red Bridges and the Tuckahoe. Just shoreline fishing.

I know, I am big on changing out the hooks that come with crankbaits. All the money one pays for crankbaits, and they have the cheapest hooks. However, that lure should not have split like it did. They are a bit pricey. Maybe, you should send a copy of that photo to Sebile. Patrick Sebile would not want to lose a fish that way.

Too bad about the Snakehead. I have been wanting to catch one. I will be sure to make the Snakehead hunt this summer. Those large bluegills can be fun on a fly rod. I use to have a great time doing that type fishing. In the past, when having a slow day bass fishing, the bluegills saved me on the fly rod. I always took it along for that reason.

Comment

phew. after a long hard day battling the elements i finally got my january fish. now i can relax next weekend. i am not fishing the stream anymore unless its above 35. today sucked.
        Attached Files
        Link to fishing vid, oldie but goodie.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4894489669049#

Comment

Nice job, gents. I headed out to do some fishing today and to do some speed trials in the Revo, but all the spots I hit were frozen. I hope it thaws this week, but I might be fishless in January. I guess the pressure will be off then.
          Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
          Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Mike that's a nice brown! I wish I had been catching those instead of fishing the lovely trash filled banks of the Potomac. I used to fly fish year round and this time of year really took some motivation. Always nice to enjoy a day outside though, but the freezing guides and the absolutely numb hands get old after awhile.

Don- I sent them a feedback in the contact us on the website and an email, haven't heard anything but I would hope there would be some sort of offer or comment. They are nice plugs, but from what I've heard, if they have black hooks, you must replace them and all of the split rings. Seems they were made for freshwater and not intended to catch the fish they have been pulling in. I hope they make some adjustments this year, I think I'm going to try the cabelas rad swimmer if I see some sort of deal from cabelas anytime soon.
            Used to fish more.

Comment

I know, I may have waited too long myself. The cold may not let up for a thaw. Nice fish Mike. You guys are the frost bite kings.

Comment

nice fish! Hmmm..January is almost over..been eyeballing next Saturday for a possible trip down to Dike #3 down at Anna after watching Joe's videos..

Comment

TJ- I was supposed to go with him Saturday, but he had a work problem and I made other plans... Looked nice out there but freeeezing.
                  Used to fish more.

Comment

I am not really set up for cold water fishing - Plan to throw on a set of waders with a belt and a rain coat ontop.. Ski gear underneath all that. Its supposed to be in the upper 40's next weekend if you are interested in giving it a go Michael. I'll bring a tow line if thats any incentive..

TJ

Comment

if the weather is decent i might consider breaking the ice off my yak for saturday. esp if these brawlers are a possibility somewhere. check this out.

http://www.chesapeakelighttackle.com...-ice/#comments
                      Link to fishing vid, oldie but goodie.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4894489669049#

Comment

Originally posted by mdmakaira410 View Post
                        if the weather is decent i might consider breaking the ice off my yak for saturday. esp if these brawlers are a possibility somewhere. check this out.

http://www.chesapeakelighttackle.com...-ice/#comments
                        wow! those are nice fish. if i still had my cc i'd be there. try the lighthouse off sandy point and the shipping channel a little farther out. if you have a color fish finder it makes finding the thermocline easier. usually 32-40'

Comment

Working...
                        X