Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any suggestions on keeping my battery from sliding around in my hull?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestions on keeping my battery from sliding around in my hull?

I have a Jackson cuda 14, and my battery slides around the bottom of the hull. How can I mount it, and keep it off the bottom and away from water
    Thanks
    Chris
    Christopher Ritchie

not sure if this could work the same in your yak but this is what I did... Bought a tupperware container that my battery would fit in, wedged pieces of foam from a pool noodle to keep the battery from shifting around in the container, drilled a small hole in the lid for the wire to pass thru, plugged hole with duct seal. Then i used some heavy duty velcro on my hull and the container to keep it from shifting around. It works pretty well for me. Watertight and stable.

Comment

Good idea! Does anyone make kayak foam insert that can be cut to any size?
      Christopher Ritchie

Comment

i use the same duct seal i used for my transducer and so far has held up to tilting it all around for transporting...time will tell how long it holds up.
        2014 Hobie Outback

Comment

I have have a cuda 14. I use a small dry bag and then stuff it between the outside hull and scupper tubes. Stays in place with no problems. I use a AGM 7.6 Ahr battery.

Comment

I used the electric duct seal (brick is about $3 @ Home Depot). Stuck a small Tupperware container to the hull with the duct seal, put the battery in the container and small bungie cord to hold it in there. It's not permanent, easily moved if you don't like a certain location and will not come loose in normal use.
            HOBIE: 2012 PA-14 (Dune) & 2013 PA-14 (Yellow)

Comment

I have two kayaks, 2 transducers, one fishfinder and one battery box....
              What I did was use a waterproof box from Walmart to fit my battery in. Then I drilled a hole to let some wire out, and put a connector on the end. Added connectors to wires on transducers in the 2 kayaks. And now I have a battery box that I can easily switch between kayaks.

To keep the box from sliding around, I used industrial strength Velcro. Loop side on battery box, and hook sides on the bottom of the kayaks. That has worked well for me. I take the box out for transport, which is quick and easy thanks to the Velcro and the connectors.
              Sun Fishin'

Comment

Originally posted by Sun View Post
                I have two kayaks, 2 transducers, one fishfinder and one battery box....
                What I did was use a waterproof box from Walmart to fit my battery in. Then I drilled a hole to let some wire out, and put a connector on the end. Added connectors to wires on transducers in the 2 kayaks. And now I have a battery box that I can easily switch between kayaks.

To keep the box from sliding around, I used industrial strength Velcro. Loop side on battery box, and hook sides on the bottom of the kayaks. That has worked well for me. I take the box out for transport, which is quick and easy thanks to the Velcro and the connectors.
                I did exactly the same thing. Has been working well so far and the Velcro is staying put. I also take mine out for transport.

Comment

Working...
                X