Possible Delaware Spear Fishing 7/20/2013 or 7/21/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Delaware Spear Fishing 7/20/2013 or 7/21/13

Ive loaded up the speargun and am ready to dive the inner/outter wall. I hate diving alone. Any spearos want to join? Joe?
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

i went spear fishing for the first time in july, it was at a jetty in nc. i duct taped a screw driver to a broom stick and bought some flippers and got my limit of flounde and saw many more. it was very cool and fun. when i get older i want to get a spear gun and try for sheapshead or stuff like that

Comment

I'm long ago certified. Or, certifiable. Never spearfished but an old dog can learn. Any special license or permit needed? I have a Delaware fishing license. Diving or snorkeling?

Comment

Snorkel and free dive around the wall. I don't like going more than 15' down because of the pressure.. I usually anchor the kayak with a dive flag and I stage off the rocks. I am going on Sunday, plan is fish for flounder in the am by the pier and head out to the walls during slack.
        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Glad you said Sunday! If you'll have an old dog for a buddy (you'll probably have to save me!) I'm up for this, Jack! Email or PM time and meeting place.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
            Snorkel and free dive around the wall. I don't like going more than 15' down because of the pressure.. I usually anchor the kayak with a dive flag and I stage off the rocks. I am going on Sunday, plan is fish for flounder in the am by the pier and head out to the walls during slack.
            I could probably join you. PM sent.
            Dave
            2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

A lot of my dive gear is down my moms in FL but I have a few extra pole spears and Hawaiian slings I'll bring for anyone coming. Going to get there around 5 and fish the pylons for flounder before making my way to the wall. Hopefully will run into some triggers, sheephead, tautog, spades or black drum.
              Dave
              2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

Change in plan for me. Going to NY to see my mom. Would like to participate in a future trip like this...

Comment

Working...
                X