No announcement yet.

Sailing to the Land of the Pups and more adventures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that's a trek .......... great job ........... glad you made it back safely ........ BTW ... how are the flies and bugs out there

Comment

Hemingway,

Thank you for the report on the Wind Paddle. I've had my eye on one for longer touring. What size did you get and what yak are you using it with? Also, was it ease to deploy and retract while you were in the kayak and on the water? Thanks for any insight you can offer.

Comment

In a way I wished I joined you...in another glad I couldn't-
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
          In a way I wished I joined you...in another glad I couldn't-
          Lol Ron, I am sorry you had to "miss" it, but there were a couple of moments I was wishing I was home with the grand kids as well

Comment

Originally posted by Beerboy View Post
            Hemingway,

Thank you for the report on the Wind Paddle. I've had my eye on one for longer touring. What size did you get and what yak are you using it with? Also, was it ease to deploy and retract while you were in the kayak and on the water? Thanks for any insight you can offer.
            I have WS Ride 135 Angler w/rudder. The model for my size yak is appropriately called the Adventurer. It deploys very easily, very easy to flatten and get the wind out, but to refold it to the smallest storage shape of around 18" across is takes a fair amount of practice. However, I love the sensation of sailing the yak, and I am very happy with my purchase. I have a quick release clip on my PFD, that I clip the sail stay lines in. This allows me to sail hands free, save for a few minor adjustments every so often. And hands are freed up for the trolling rod.

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
              Now that's a trek .......... great job ........... glad you made it back safely ........ BTW ... how are the flies and bugs out there
              The one plus of the wind was that we had very few bugs. Thanks for kind words Rick, I will give you a call a little later.

Comment

Working...
              X