Tica rods a good deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tica rods a good deal?

Just seeing if anyone out there has any experience with Tica surf rods and if they are a decent deal...cost effective, good enough quality etc

Any advice is appreciated

thanks

Justin

I have had good success with mine UEHA model. I think for the price point they are made very good. Have not had as good success with Lamiglas Surf King similar price point. Have had 2 break during cast. Hope this helps

Comment

Haven't tried Tica's, but the Tsumani Airwave has served me well over many years of surf fishing. Comparable price to Tica as well. I bought a light action 10' Stellar Star last year for plugging in the surf and really like the feel of that. If I was looking to get another bait rod for the surf I think I'd be tempted to get Star.

I've had a similar experience, as stated above, with the Lamiglas Surf King... snapped it casting. It was rated up to 2 oz and I was casting a 2.5oz lure. I know I was over the rating, but still... a 1/2 oz shouldn't matter.
      Brian

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I took the "click" plunge on a tica ueha medium, found one for a good price.....something for messing with the small stuff in the surf and maybe throwing some small spot for flounder in the inlets

Comment

Working...
        X