Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATTENTION ALL GOPRO USERS NOW AND FUTURE CUSTOMERS! Warning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTENTION ALL GOPRO USERS NOW AND FUTURE CUSTOMERS! Warning!

I have a GoPro2 Hero and have had it for about 2 years. I have not encountered not a single problem. As a matter of fact I've been very happy with the camera in all modes of operation.
    I was looking at their web site and they suggested to download their updated firmware. I down loaded the updated firmware....and that's where people are having problems. The update is causing the cameras to freeze during operation the problems vary from remaining in the on mode and causing it not to cut off, to not cutting on at all. Here is a video I found about the problem. My advice is NOT TO USE THE UPDATING FIRMWARE THIS GOES FOR THE HERO 3 ALSO.
    http://youtu.be/wBL0bE_EGMI
    Last edited by scorpioreno; 07-25-2013, 05:54 PM.

I don't own a Go Pro, but I need to read up on how to fix the fish eye view in After Effects!

Comment

Originally posted by mytmouse View Post
      I don't own a Go Pro, but I need to read up on how to fix the fish eye view in After Effects!
      Yea mty, the fish eye is one of the view setting use can choose from in the setting menu, you can choose wide, medium,and narrow. There is a go pro tutorial on you tube that goes step by step on use of the camera.

Comment

I have a Contour in the vid you posted he had mentioned he did it in After Effects. The Countour doesn't give you the option between the 2. Sorry for the thread Hijack!

Comment

Originally posted by mytmouse View Post
          I have a Contour in the vid you posted he had mentioned he did it in After Effects. The Countour doesn't give you the option between the 2. Sorry for the thread Hijack!
          No Problem, I think what he is referring to is ,when you produce your footage and upload it, what can happen is your frame speed gets compressed and causes it to look like it is pixelated. It has happened to some of my Vids. I will edit using my editing software and then upload it to you tube it gets compressed twice. But if I upload raw footage straight to youtube and then edit on youtube I can keep footage at 720p-1080p.
          Last edited by scorpioreno; 07-25-2013, 09:01 PM.

Comment

I have hero3 black with the latest firmware. I have no issues. Also note there are 3 hero3 with different firmware. Check your source.

There are similar vids to back the updates out. You may want to check them out.

Comment

I have a GoPro H3 and I updated the firmware back in early June after the update I was having problems with the camera. It started freezing about 5 to 7 seconds into a recording. I open a service ticket with GoPro and found out that the storage card I was using was not compatible with the mode I was using to record. I purchased a card that met the requirement to record and everything was fine after that. Make sure you read the documentation for your camera and that you use the right card with the right setting. There is a huge difference between a class 4 card and class 10 SD Card.

Comment

Originally posted by charlieru View Post
                I have a GoPro H3 and I updated the firmware back in early June after the update I was having problems with the camera. It started freezing about 5 to 7 seconds into a recording. I open a service ticket with GoPro and found out that the storage card I was using was not compatible with the mode I was using to record. I purchased a card that met the requirement to record and everything was fine after that. Make sure you read the documentation for your camera and that you use the right card with the right setting. There is a huge difference between a class 4 card and class 10 SD Card.
                Charlieru I am using a Lexar Platinum class 10 32gb card. I am shooting at 760/30fps. The new uploaded feature to my gopro was the pro tune feature and I activated the pro tune for better clarity, but it seems that as soon as I did that I had problems with the camera. I think I have to do some more research and gather more updated info. I am going to call gopro in the morning and start the trouble shooting process.

Comment

Originally posted by scorpioreno View Post
                  Charlieru I am using a Lexar Platinum class 10 32gb card. I am shooting at 760/30fps. The new uploaded feature to my gopro was the pro tune feature and I activated the pro tune for better clarity, but it seems that as soon as I did that I had problems with the camera. I think I have to do some more research and gather more updated info. I am going to call gopro in the morning and start the trouble shooting process.
                  Try one more thing before you contact GoPro, format the SDcard to make sure that the camera recognizes it completely. Check out the links below as a reference. Good luck dude.

http://gopro.com/support/articles/fo...-with-hd-hero2

http://gopro.com/support/articles/sd...ecommendations

Comment

Not related to your SD issue, but I thought I would share. Protune is resource intensive on your pc. If your pc is not up to spec there will be issues.
                    Regardless of settings on cam, make sure you transfer your clip to your local drive prior to processing.

I'm using a SanDisk ultra class 10.

Comment

Working...
                    X