Jonas Green Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonas Green Question

I'm going to fish the Severn on Friday and was thinking about launching at Jonas Green. I would like to stay out and fish at night also ( I have proper lighting). Will I be able to do this if I park and launch from the park? I've never launched here before but understand that the pier is open all night. I want to be sure my truck will be OK and I'll be able to get out in the dark without trouble. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Originally posted by Shawn L View Post
    I'm going to fish the Severn on Friday and was thinking about launching at Jonas Green. I would like to stay out and fish at night also ( I have proper lighting). Will I be able to do this if I park and launch from the park? I've never launched here before but understand that the pier is open all night. I want to be sure my truck will be OK and I'll be able to get out in the dark without trouble. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    You shouldn't have any issues fishing after dark there. The park is 24/7

Comment

When are you launching? I was thinking about doing some night fishing tomorrow evening too...
      Sun Fishin'

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
        You shouldn't have any issues fishing after dark there. The park is 24/7

The pier is open 24/7, but the park closes at dusk.

Comment

Park in the upper lot if you're gonna be out late, which is the parking for the pier.
          <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'll be launching about noon and staying out till I'm too tired and hungry. I'll be in a blue Pamlico 160T.

Comment

I've been out almost every weekend at night. I park in the upper lot and usually stay out until sunrise. Anyone else fish over night?

Comment

I launched at 1:00 PM and took a friend who asked to accompany me. By 2:00 PM she needed to go to the bathroom so I tried to get to the restaurant just down from the launch. After breaking a rod on a piling (wasn't used to the new rod holders I installed behind me) I got her to shore where she then decided she wanted to stay while I fished because the sun was getting to her. I decided to pack up and take her home. Lesson learned. Kayak fishing, even in a tandem, is best done without female companionship. I did launch again from Miller's Island by myself and got a few rock, spot and catfish and fished till 10:30 PM. I learned there is a launch site at 5th Ave. that is used by DNR, marine police etc. for rescue launches but may be used by anyone. It is located between two houses and I never would have found it if not for the guys at Pearls Bait shop. From there it was about a 1/2 mile paddle to some good fishing. I'm going to try Jonas Green again Sunday evening with a guide named Matt weather permitting.

Comment

What time are you going on Sunday? Id like to stop by

Comment

5:30 PM is the game plan.

Comment

Ok, thank you. Mind if I tag along? I've yet to meet any kayak fisherman at Jonas green.

Comment

Working...
                      X