Citation Challenge 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citation Challenge 2011

Goals for 2011, see below site for citiation size requirements. Good Luck.

I just noticed the chain pickerel I caught last spring was a citiation. Will keep chart handy this year.

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries...uirements.html

thanks brian. i know a lot of citation wp were caught last year

Comment

Good info, Bryan. Thanks!

BTW, you guys are up early. Missus's sleeping? (mine is so no grief about being on the forum first thing on a Sunday morning even before the coffee is ready!)

Comment

actuallly slept in to day and got up around 0500

Comment

Originally posted by jffoley View Post
          Good info, Bryan. Thanks!

BTW, you guys are up early. Missus's sleeping? (mine is so no grief about being on the forum first thing on a Sunday morning even before the coffee is ready!)
          Yes, it's like "Free Time" although if I don't have the coffee ready by the time she is up I am in trouble.

Comment

for red drum, y'all just have to catch one any size for a citation?

Comment

Kevin- just saw that too, strange, and it must be released.

Question, about areas md dnr covers, does the PRFC have its own set of citation standards? I know it has its own minimum lengths, like flounder was 19'' in the bay and 18.5" in cornfield harbor... Just curious bc they get reds in there all the time.

Also, where in MD can you go to catch a 24" sheepshead in the bay?
              Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
              Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
              https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

just saw that, any size red that is released is a citation, 18-27 1 per day in bay and ocean. sheepshead 24" in bay for citation and 20" on the coast. they must be going by state record fish. its not unheard of to get big sheeps in the tangier/ honga area, but i thing thats a typeo. the record for atlanitc sheep in Md is 17lb in OC and 13lb in tangier sound

Comment

There might've been a big sheepshead caught down by the target ship. There are also some wrecks and rockpiles around PLO that cough up weird things like black sea bass and tautog every now and then. I've been thinking about hitting the WW reef out by St. Jerome's to see if there are any tog there. According to DNR, some of the other reefs along the Eastern Shore hold nice tog, so sheepshead might be there, too.
                  Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                  Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by kayakkevin View Post
                    for red drum, y'all just have to catch one any size for a citation?
                    Thats the sad thing. That is just how few reds we get in the Maryland portion of the Bay. I would just like to catch one. However, that is my goal for the year. To catch several good sized reds. I am already planning a few trips to the Outer Banks, just have to do some reasearch of where to go and to fish.

Comment

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
                      Thats the sad thing. That is just how few reds we get in the Maryland portion of the Bay. I would just like to catch one. However, that is my goal for the year. To catch several good sized reds. I am already planning a few trips to the Outer Banks, just have to do some reasearch of where to go and to fish.
                      from what i saw and from the folks that i talked to on tour, the reds speading more up the bay. i saw reds scoot off as i paddled over flats all the way to the honga. small ones in the 20" range. the one at honga was about 24"

Comment

some realy large red drum were caught in the surf this fall at AI. i missed my chance to get down last year i'll try not to miss this year.

Comment

Yeah, I got a citation for a 10" red in 2009. It makes for an easy entry in the Maryland Fishing Challenge.

Mike at Buzz's clobbers the big reds out by the target ship. That's a long paddle from PLO...
                          Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                          Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Working...
                          X