Harry Nice 301 bridge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Nice 301 bridge.

Decided to take advantage of a mild wind day and decided on 301 bridge. Given the weather report and such a high pressure weather system I knew the fishing would be poor also the water temp was 85 plus degrees. I launched at 3pm to catch the high tide a 6:40pm. went to a creek that always holds fish and I wasn't disappointed. there where large pods of fish just at the mouth of the creek. I caught and kept all the small perch,and spot for live lining later that evening. I was in about 5 feet of water the whole time and because of the low wind conditions you could see the pods of bait split with out breaking the surface so I thought something was stalking them so I threw just behind the fleeing school and caught a couple red drum from 15-16 inches.I would wait and watch the schools again and wait for the same pattern and caught small blues and rockfish. The mouth of the creek is exactly .8miles south of aqualand launch. It is marked with a single patch of tall grass sticking out of the water there is a sandbar just off the side of the grass. If you throw on either side of it you should catch something It also is a ambush point. That creek holds perch year round. I didn't venture up to Coltons point which also is a good area to fish. That was the only place I could find fish I was not marking fish at all at the discharge. You can pinpoint the area on google earth. Unfortunately you have to leave aqualand marina by 8pm they lock the gate. I think I will wait until the water cools down a little before I try again

Now that is a serious,informative,useful report

Comment

How much is the launch fee for Aqualand marina?

Comment

Originally posted by Snakehead Hunter View Post
        How much is the launch fee for Aqualand marina?
        $5.00 entrance and 5.00 launch.

Comment

$150.00 for the season including the combination for the gate

Comment

Working...
          X